- August 22, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Deputy Director of Cost & Pricing.
The Deputy Director of Cost & Pricing works closely with technical staff in preparing for and developing detailed budgets and cost proposals for international development projects, primarily those of USAID. The Deputy Director of Cost & Pricing is engaged at various points in the business cycle and works under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Cost and Pricing, with oversight from the Vice President of Business Development.
The position can be fully remote from a US-based location or hybrid/remote within a commutable distance to either one of our office locations in Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA.
* Develop and prepare complex cost proposals in response to customer requirements. In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals to USAID and other clients;
* Under the Senior Director of Cost & Pricing’s direction, conduct negotiations with clients on contracts where performing as the Cost Lead;
* Advise proposal teams on pricing strategy and other cost issues in conjunction with proposal objectives;
* Negotiate budgetary items with subcontractors with guidance from technical staff;
* Prepare supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, etc.;
* Present draft proposal budgets for reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review;
* Assist technical staff in completing costed modifications;
* Manage templates and processes related to subcontractor budgets and other cost proposal inputs;
* Play a lead role in the design and implementation of improvements to cost and pricing processes and procedures;
* Assist in enforcement of compliance with the company’s cost and pricing processes and procedures;
* Supervise team members in the Cost and Pricing Specialist role; and
* Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Director of Cost and Pricing or Vice President of Business Development.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field required;
* Minimum of six (6) years of professional experience in developing cost proposals in response to solicitations from USAID or other U.S. Government agencies required;
* Extremely proficient in MS Excel, particularly budget development and formula utilization;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
* Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* Current U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) technical advisers and advocates work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of people of all gender identities, ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, cultures, religious or political beliefs, languages, education levels, socioeconomic backgrounds, family or relationship statuses, sexual orientations, genetics, and/or abilities.
Pay Transparency Statement:
We are committed to taking a thoughtful, compliant, and equitable approach to employment compensation. We commit to providing a holistic comprehensive salary analysis, including reviews of individual skill sets and compensable factors related to qualifications, business needs, internal compensation data, and industry and labor market surveys. The anticipated pay range for this position is $115,000 to $140,000 annually.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.