- February 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed-term contract – 9 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Yemen
Our mission in Yemen has been open since 2007. PUI is developing its integrated approach with interventions in the areas of Health, Nutrition, Food Security and WaSH. In addition, PUI works on the fight against malnutrition, support to primary and reproductive health services (supply of inputs and nutrition, medical equipment), maintenance and rehabilitation of health centers (including sanitary infrastructures), training of medical staff, etc. Today, the mission is composed of 4 projects.
What about the Deputy Head of Mission for Programs – Sanaa ?
As Deputy Head of Mission for Programs (DHoMP) you will be responsible for the implementation of the programs across the different bases, ensuring the steering and the development of a pertinent, appropriate and technically sound program strategy.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Programs: You will be in charge of program implementation, ensuring that programs progress in accordance with PUI charter and complying with internal technical guidelines and contractual procedures. You will be responsible for the follow up of programs achievement at mission level. You will be in charge of challenging Bases on quality need for improvement.
- Development/Strategy: You will lead the needs and gaps analysis, and suggest new operations according to the needs identified in direct coordination with the Field and Technical Coordinators. You will lead the donor mapping to develop the fundraising strategy.
- Human resources: You will manage directly the Technical Coordination Team, and ensure that the Field Coordinators and Deputy Field Coordinators are properly supported by them.
- Representation: By delegation from the Head of Mission, you will ensure and coordinate PUI’s representation at national level among partners, donors and authorities. You will participate in technical forums (Working groups).
- Coordination: You will ensure the effective interaction between the Technical Coordination Team and the bases. You will also ensure that the technical coordination department is properly liaising with the support coordinators.
- Logistics, administrative and financial monitoring: You will be involved in direct collaboration with the Technical Coordinators in the global oversight of links between the technical coordination department and logistics, HR and administrative departments. You will guarantee that the implementation of all activities is done while respecting all internal and external logistics and administrative frames.
The challenges that await you :
- National team: Suffered from quick turn over of expatriate team – remote management before even meeting national colleagues – Authorities: SCMCHA (Houthis coordination body) have illogical requests – NSA present everywhere – Security: volatile, could stay unchanged for a long time, but could change in worse at any time in Hodeidah and Mokha. – According to the Northern Authorities, any position of DEPUTY should be occupied by a Yemeni. (we need to change to the title to ‘Programmes Coordinator’ for the visa request).
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences. Training in Public Health / Protection / Livelihood and/or Shelter will be valued.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 4 years managing multi-sectorial humanitarian projects (among which at least 2 years in coordination position) and a strong experience in project management, you also have experience in assessing needs and developing proposals, in external representation and in team management. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master project management and team management, you demonstrate strong knowledge in donor requirements and expectations, particularly ECHO, BHA, WFP, UNHCR, CDCS, AFD and BPRM, you also have excellent writing skills (especially for proposals and reporting).
- Qualities: You have strong leadership skills and ability to make decisions, a sense of analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good negotiator and communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization skills, rigor, flexibility, capacity to remain calm and level-headed.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
Please note that vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory for this country for security and safety reasons. Compliant vaccines are those validated by the World Health Organization
A word from the manager
« If you enjoy working with an experienced, committed and motivated national team – if you feel that your duty is to support and encourage national female colleagues – and if on top that you have a good sense of humour… come to Yemen! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 420,00 – 2 750,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.