- September 24, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Safe Place International’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Weekly updates with access to transparent contact records and notes will be reviewed with Executive Director.
- Must embrace the mission as stated above and as periodically updated by the board of SPI.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to build external relationships and partnerships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Open to feedback and development ,excited to learn and grow professionally.
- Awareness of strengths and weaknesses and motivated to constantly improve.
This position is a 3 month paid virtual contract with flexible work schedule. This contract will not automatically renew but there is a possibility of a year-long contract if agreed benchmarks are achieved and all of the above requirements are adequately demonstrated.
How to apply
To apply, please send your Resume/CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Development Director”