- August 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
The Global Programmes & Philanthropy Department manages all three key income and partnership sectors for MSI – Governments, Institutional & Private/Individual. The Digital Fundraising Officer will be based in the Private Philanthropy team, reporting into the Head of Philanthropy (UK & Europe). The Private Philanthropy team manages all high value relationships as well as a growing Individual Giving programme that currently brings in approximately £500k unrestricted funds per annum across both cash and regular segments. MSI has ambitious plans for its brand, marketing & communications, and fundraising with annual targets of £250m donor income by 2030. The Individual Giving programme will be a critical contributor to building MSI’s public profile and presence, driving unrestricted income from non-US markets and feeding into the High Value Giving pipeline.
The ideal candidate will bring experience of digital fundraising, marketing, and communications. A brilliant communicator, they will have a flair for storytelling and experience of turning complex issues into impactful campaigns for a range of audiences.
They will take a leading role in MSI’s paid digital fundraising campaigns. They will support global communications with MSI’s digital presence for fundraising, including via paid social media content and our email programme, with the production of compelling and timely content, driving improvements to maximise inbound traffic, improve user journeys and optimise conversion to donations, and enable MSI to achieve its unrestricted income goals.
The role will also be responsible for overall and monthly donor reporting and donor portfolio management, including developing programmes to increase donor retention and monthly giving, CRM and donor profile management, and other administrative support to both the Private Philanthropy and Global Communications team as needed.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Effective at managing a diverse workload through good time management and prioritising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing trends and approaches
- Proven ability to design and manage high-performing digital fundraising campaigns, both organic and paid e.g., using Meta business suite
- Good design eye, with skills using Canva and email marketing tools to develop visual fundraising materials
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people of all backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and interact with colleagues in a helpful and supportive manner
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail, with understanding of processes and protocols to protect data and uphold GDPR
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders and strong relationship building
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following experience:
- Proven experience using digital channels such as using social media platforms for paid digital fundraising campaigns, Microsoft 365, Google Ads and Mailchimp to drive engagement and income
- Knowledge of email, paid search and organic/paid social media marketing, with a strong interest in digital trends
- Proven experience of meeting fundraising targets from a variety of sources, including email and social media
- Demonstrable ability to write high-quality compelling copy, aimed at different audiences and eliciting donations.
- Experience of working with fundraising CRM databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Microsoft Dynamic.
- Experience of using digital fundraising channels and tools, including social media to support brand awareness and fundraising
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
For this role, we’re looking for an individual who is:
- Team player
- Commercially aware
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Willing to support on reasonable out of hour requests, for example, if facing an urgent fundraising or communications requests
For more information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website.
Location: London Support Office (hybrid working).
Full-time: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday (UK contracted hours)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £30,500 – £35,000 per annum for UK based candidates. Discretionary bonus + benefits.
Closing date: 28th August (midnight GMT+1). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
For internal employees applying from an MSI country programme, the role will be positioned within the existing salary structure of the country. Local terms and conditions of the country will apply.
How to apply
Please apply via our website – https://careers.msichoices.org/vacancyinformation.aspx?vguid=0aad0e27-d506-4700-a457-0106ac75ab44