- March 21, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Organization : Aflatoun
Location : Remote/Netherlands
Job type : Full time
Compensation : Competitive
Comment : Inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions
Deadline : 03/04/2023
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities. Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings, Harvard, HundrEd, Million Lives Club) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has shown to be effective in changing behaviors of participants across the globe.
By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organisations, helping them enhance their existing expertise and create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant- centered methodology, which combines social and financial education (SFE) through engaging participants, educators, government institutions and civil society organisations.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Digital Learning Specialist to join us in our mission.
The digital learning specialist is responsible for helping our content development approach and building the team capacity to authoring appropriate and flexible digital content that can be used across different platforms/Apps. This Specialist will help ensure that the education team has the capacity to translate its existing content using authoring tools. We hope that the resulting content will be organized in a manner that is agnostic, reusable, accessible and manageable across different platforms or Apps. We expect the specialist to work within and seek to improve a defined set of content standards and technological approaches that will be developed prior to the start of this work. This process will help refine how content is developed and setup for delivery across multiple learning platforms.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supporting in developing content for multiple platforms
- Providing training on best practices and other forms of eLearning approaches
- Managing digital learning projects
- Supporting internal platform set up and providing technical support
- Developing learning materials based on design requirements
- Supporting in the development and implementation of strategy in the organisation
- Coordinating the work of external contracted parties
- Ensuring that internal digital learning resources are updated and reflect the underlying curricula
- Making sure the instructions and access to the existing digital resources are clear and available for all
- Developing a progressive content, and implementation plan and a strategy for executing including funding
- Sustaining the collaborative relationship with the departments and forging new relationships to engender the use and scale of digital resources
Non-technical responsibilities as Aflatoun staff
- Positively contribute to team discussions and the effective running of the organisation;
- Cross-departmental collaboration, compliance with organisational policies and procedures including submitting monthly timesheets;
- Promote Aflatoun’s work on social media;
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances;
- Be willing to adapt to different tasks and different cross-organisational tasks, this includes but is not limited to helping deliver Aflatoun events such as the International Conferences and staff retreats.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years experience in eLearning content development, instructional design or related specialisations.
- Experience in ICT4D and knowledge of emerging and current technologies for instruction
- Experience in Design Thinking, Human-centered Design or User Experience Design
- Experience in developing e-Learning interventions for self-directed, facilitator-led and blended learning
- Knowledge of curriculum and content development processes for digital learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, French, Arabic, Spanish, German or Russian is an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with very tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team in an international organisation
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Ability and willingness to travel
The position is for a full time. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with competitive compensation per month (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance, and national insurance contributions) – the compensation level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn towards Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by new employees and forms part of the employment documents related to the employment contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse. An additional written test may be required.
Management may appoint at a lower step based on the candidate’s skills and experiences against the position’s requirements
How to apply
Please apply at https://aflatoun.bamboohr.com/careers/174 no later than 03/04/2023. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact the Digital Learning and Innovations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.