- October 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
IREX seeks qualified Digital Technical Specialist candidates to lead the digital aspects of an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Innovative Workforce Activity in Vietnam. This Activity will aim to enhance the capacity of Vietnam’s digital workforce and local innovation to meet the demands of a growing digital economy. The Digital Specialist will provide high-quality digital technical inputs to all aspects of the program’s approach.
This position is contingent on funding. Vietnamese citizenship/work authorization required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the design and development of activities and resources on topical areas of interest (e.g., establishing a digital talent pool, enhancing digital literacy skills, overcoming digital divides, etc.).
- Provide digital skills training, and other capacity building activities on effectively leveraging new technologies in their work.
- Design, develop, and manage evidenced-based interventions targeted at narrowing digital skill supply and demand gaps in selected areas and strengthening the local innovation ecosystem.
- Support the design and implementation of national ecosystem level activities (e.g., Digital Ecosystem Country Assessments, National Digital Strategies and Policy, Responsible and Ethical Digital practices, etc.) aim at improving and/or strengthening open, inclusive and secure digital ecosystems in Vietnam.
- Support technical activities of local partner organizations, provide coaching and mentorship on leveraging digital technology to ensure a focus on relevant activities and achieving outcomes.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Vietnamese citizenship/work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in education, economics, public policy, computer science or associated field.
- 10 years of total work experience with at least 5 years of experience working on digital skills development, digital innovation, and/or other digital development related work, preferably within the global development and/or humanitarian assistance fields.
- Must have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, including a proven ability to communicate complex concepts in digital technology to development and/or humanitarian assistance experts.
- Understand different Agile approaches to product management and activities that can help facilitate innovation through these processes. Understanding of digital technology landscape in Vietnam, including in depth knowledge of digital literacy, digital rights, and emerging technology issues.
- Experience fostering talent pools, building and or managing partnerships, and great at building other relationships with peers from other organizations at all levels.
- Excellent analytical and demonstrated problem-solving skills working in complex environments and working across different cultures.
- Experience with digital transformation programs, and associated capacity building practices.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Vietnamese is required.
How to apply
Click on https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/6q93mMR0IB/Digital-Technical-Specialist-USAIDVietnam-Innovative-Workforce-Activity to submit your CV for consideration, preferably along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.