- August 8, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This position is for the Technical Assistance Program (TAP), which aims to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. This includes providing support to the GOJ policy reform and complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders on systems management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems, evidence-based planning and decision-making, HR management systems and financial resource management in support of enacting policy reforms in the areas of education and youth development.
The Director of Education Programs leads the implementation of and provides oversight to the project’s Education-focused activities. In this capacity, s/he provides programmatic leadership in the implementation of TAP’s Education activities and works closely with the technical leads and advisors to provide guidance, quality control of technical outputs.
This position reports to the COP. The position supervises a team of 8 staff members, including staff embedded at the ministry of Education.
* Serve as a focal point and initiate the process of situational analysis, setting TAP’s education sector priorities at MoE.
* Develop, monitor, and oversee workplan implementation related to the Education sector and manage day-to-day education program operations and activities, ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
* Engages in effective collaboration and communications between the education program team, technical advisors and leads, the MEL team, operations team, and the Communications team to ensure TAP’s education activities are implemented in coherence with other activities as needed.
* Work closely and solicit inputs of TAP’s Senior Education Advisor, the Senior Advisor – System & Policy, and TAP partners’ Technical Leads to ensure technical guidance, quality assurance and quality outcomes of education programs.
* Work closely and coordinate TAP’s work at MoE with the Donor Coordination Unit through monthly meetings and day to day communication and coordination
* Work closely and coordinate TAP’s work with the National Center for Curriculum Development (NCCD) through regular meetings and day to day communication and coordination
* Manage TAP’s collaboration with the Cost Reimbursement Agreement (CRA) at MoE and with other Ips / projects to ensure coordination and avoid overlap.
* Manage the implementation of TAP’s education activities with an emphasis on capacity building and Organization Culture and Behavior change of MOE partners, sub-contractors, and other relevant stakeholders.
* Support requisition efforts of educational consultants and services to ensure by writing quality TORs and facilitate consultants and vendors engagement with the education programs team and counterparts towards achieving TAP’s objectives.
* Improve the capacity of GOJ entities that support education programs at the governorate and district levels to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively implement policies and regulations regarding improved learning outcomes and positive youth development.
* Manage, supervise, and mentor the education team, including contributing to performance management and professional development initiatives.
* Support education program communications and effectively communicate the program’s impact to internal and external audiences and contribute to regular project reporting.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Master’s degree in international development, Education, Project Management, or related field required, or work equivalent work experience.
* At least 10 years of project implementation experience, strategic planning, systems strengthening, and/or policy reform preferably in Jordan;
* Specific experience in education and/or youth reform, institutional capacity building, and working in crisis-affected environments;
* Demonstrated experience working on complex projects with multiple government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national, district, and local levels;
* At least Five (5) years’ demonstrated experience in managing staff effectively;
* Ability to lead strategic planning sessions and contribute to annual work planning
* Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation highly desired; and
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here – http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.