- February 12, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job location: Sanaa, Yemen
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 3rd of March 2024.
Duration position: 2 years, with possible extension.
Working hours: Fulltime (40 hours per week)
We are here for our neighbors in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Director of Operations
ZOA’s programme in Yemen
ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions. Currently ZOA has offices in Sana’a, Aden, Hajjah, Al-Mahwit andAl-Dhale’e.
The Director of Operations is responsible for effective and efficient in country management and control of all operational processes in the country organization and managing the Finance and Operations team at Country Office level. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, Administration, IT and Security. The Director of Operations is member of the Country Management Team. The Director of Operations reports directly to the Country Director.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Contributing to the Country strategy and annual plan, with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Preparing and processing the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation level;
- Advise and support the Country Director, Programme Quality team and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Managing financial audits and responding to audit reports;
- Liaison with donors regarding project compliance and reporting.
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Maintenance of Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensure compliance;
- Monitoring of and support on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- HR oversight at country level;
- Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Advising and supporting the Country Director and Program Managers in the development of HR components of funding proposals;
- Ensuring that Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements;
- Delivering training and capacity building with a motivated and experienced operations team.
- Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Managing availability, continuity and security of appropriate ZOA facilities;
- Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Country Director to enforce adherence to the security rules and instructions as described in the ZOA security handbook and the local security plan;
- Supporting the Country Director that Local Security Plans are being updated regularly.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
- Experience in fraud risk management and overseeing critical controls, supporting fraud investigation and follow up;
- Operational oversight knowledge and experience including finance, HR, logistics, procurement;
- Academic degree in Finance (e.g. MBA) or auditing is desirable;
- Command of English is essential; good spoken and written command of Arabic is a benefit.
- Good knowledge and experience of working with international institutional donors in the sector;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar senior level position in recovery or development settings in developing countries;
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO.
- Strong managerial skills;
- Able to encourage and motivate staff;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Strategic thinking.
- Enjoys capacity building of local staff;
- Leading the team by example;
- Effective and appropriate communication;
- Taking initiative;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude.
- Regular field visits/work and travels are required.
- This is a non-family duty station.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, and a motivated team in Yemen, good benefits and remuneration which suit the NGO sector (including but not limited to: medical and other insurances, (contribution to) housing costs, training options and 29 leave days).
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Nienke Maris, HR Business Partner, email email@example.com
How to apply
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website ZOA | Job portal | CVSelection.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that ZOA carries out background and reference checks (including COTER: check your name on counter-terrorism lists) for all candidates as part of the recruitment process. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).