- June 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
NOVACT (www.novact.org) is an independent non-profit association with headquarters in Barcelona and offices in Madrid, Cáceres, Ramallah (Palestine), Tunis (Tunisia), Tindouf (Algeria) and Amman (Jordan).
The objective of NOVACT is to promote non-violent actions for social transformation aimed at the defence of human rights, human security and social justice. The organisation’s international cooperation projects in the Maghreb, Mashrek, Eastern Europe and Caucasus regions are combined with political and social impact strategies in Catalonia, Spain and elsewhere in Europe. NOVACT places great importance on working with social movements and their needs, trying to become a bridge between social demands and institutions. Novact integrates the gender perspective in all its activities, projects and operations.
In direct coordination with the Maghreb Regional Coordinator and the Head of Economic Management at the HQ in Barcelona, the EFM is responsible for the administrative, logistical and financial follow-up of all operations of NOVACT-Tunisia. The responsibilities cover the following aspects :
1. ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT OF PROJECTS
- Ensure the financial administration of projects by guaranteeing the harmonisation of financial, accounting and human resources management tools, compatible with national legislation and the standards of NOVACT and donors.
- Control the quality of accounting vouchers and ensure that each expenditure related to the project is supported by an appropriate voucher in accordance with NOVACT and project procedures.
- Control the monthly closing of cash and bank journals for all projects, including bank reconciliation and cash inventory;
- Anticipate the cash flow needs of the projects, prepare and send supply requests to headquarters after validation by the Maghreb Coordinator;
- Contribute to the annual and interim closing of the projects’ accounts in close collaboration with the head office
- Participate in the formulation of grants, prepare and update budget forecasts for project expenditure in close collaboration with the project teams and headquarters
- Transmit monthly project budget monitoring (NOVACT format) to headquarters, after validation by the Maghreb coordinator
- Consolidate interim and final project financial reports according to donor templates and in coordination with headquarters
- Participate in the improvement of administrative and financial procedures, rules and tools, in Participate in the improvement of administrative and financial procedures, rules and tools, in consultation with headquarters, and implement a project procedures manual in compliance with donor rules Lead the financial audits that will be carried out by the project.
- Lead the financial audits to be carried out on the Maghreb Department’s project expenditure
2. MANAGEMENT OF THE NOVACT-TUNISIA OFFICE
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budgets of the NOVACT-Tunisia office
- Ensure the existence, follow-up and archiving of all administrative and accounting documents of the Tunisia office, related to its operations, by ensuring an effective and efficient filing system that facilitates the location of documents
- Coordinate tax declarations with our accountant in Tunisia, and social security declarations (CNSS declarations and payments) after having prepared all the necessary documents for the declaration
- Follow up (and establish if necessary) insurance contracts, lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and service providers
- Develop tender documents and participate in the steering of the procurement process (application of public procurement procedures, scoping and launch, tender monitoring, tender selection) in collaboration with the project team and headquarters
- Monitor the quality of contract execution, as the main contact for suppliers, ensuring that consultants, contractors and suppliers comply with contractual terms and conditions and deadlines
- Supervise the logistical, administrative and financial aspects of the organisation (invitations, hotel reservations, aeroplane reservations, visas, mission orders, vehicle rentals, etc.) for the missions of NOVACT teams and participants in activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual provisions;
- Prepare VAT exemption files for the competent authorities
- Preparing and updating legal registers
- Preparing and managing the annual audit of the NOVACT-Tunisia office
- Ensuring good material working conditions in the office (internet and mobile contracts, equipment available…) in collaboration with the office team
- Supervise the equipment, maintenance and upkeep of the premises, the building and the IT equipment
- Carrying out the annual inventory of the equipment and fixed assets of the Tunisia office and ensuring its organisation, control and valorisation
- Represent NOVACT, together with the Maghreb Coordinator, to the authorities and partners in the financial, administrative and legal fields of the projects and the office.
Qualifications required for this position : – Have a university degree in Management Sciences (Business Administration, Accounting, and Finance, etc…) or in Social Sciences; – Preferably have at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience in a humanitarian, development or peace building and human rights organisation. – Have at least 3 years of experience and proven capacity in the administrative and financial management of international cooperation projects – Knowledge of the procedures and requirements of donors (AECID, ACCD, Barcelona City Council, EU…) – Proven ability to write and analyse, to initiate innovative and original approaches to work, strong conceptual capacity and knowledge of the organisational challenges of NGOs; – Proven ability to work in a team and under pressure, great talent to overcome challenges, – Essential = Ability to communicate orally and in writing in Spanish and French – Arabic, Catalan and/or English are a plus – Proven computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office (excel, word…) and accounting software
How to apply
Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, and 3 references linked to the position. Candidates interested in this opportunity are invited to submit their application as soon as possible, by e-mail no later than 06th of July 2022 under reference “TGETUN-2022” to the attention of : firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.