- April 4, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
You have Field Finance experience with MSF or another International NGO, you are reactive and solution-oriented, join the Emergency Unit as a Finance Officer!
The Emergency Unit is part of the Operations Department of MSF Operational Center Brussels (OCB). Its primary function is to intervene with medical activities directly and quickly in crisis situations like conflicts, epidemics and natural catastrophes while guaranteeing the quality of interventions. As such, the Emergency Unit is in charge-anywhere, anytime – of the monitoring, identification and setting up of operations in contexts of crises that may arise.
The Finance Officer works within the emergency unit; he/she is accountable for the finance of the missions/projects in his/her portfolio. The FinOff controls, supports and coaches the financial coordinators and financial managers of the missions in his/her portfolio. He/she ensures that Financial planning, Management Control & Risk resources management functions are performed as soon as possible on emergency projects in order to ensure a regular follow up and the quality of financial activities. He/she ensures that standards and procedures for emergencies are in place.
A Task Force has been created in Brussels to coordinate the emergency response for Ukraine crisis. The Finance officer position is working within this task force for a period of 3 months, this period can be extended according to the duration of the conflict and the OCB operational answer. As the operations of the emergency pool and the related workload can vary significantly a re-shuffling of the portfolio may occur before the end of the contract.
The Finoff reports both to the Emergency Unit Coordinator (line manager) and to the Operational Finance Coordinator (functional manager).
According to the existing situation in each of their missions, the Emergency FinOff will run the following activities :
- Prepares the cash-flow for the projects, validates and ensures daily, weekly or monthly cash-flow according to the operational needs
- Ensures that necessary funds are available at project level. Ensures that the means of payment used are secure and their management is under control
- Ensures the accountability of uses of resources by proper follow up and documentation of expenses.
- Ensures correct and adequate financial and accounting set up with regards to the field finance team and essential financial processes in the missions
- Ensures that the financial means, policies and guidelines are relevant and appropriate and that they are well managed in the missions
- In collaboration with his/her HQ team members, coordinates, centralizes and supports the Task Force mission budgets process and ensures consistency of the budget with a plan of action and share that with EPool Finance officer for global Epool Forecast Monthly Consolidation
- Ensure training, support, guidance and coaching of Finco or Finance Manager on a daily basis with regards to technical approach and management of their responsibilities
- When possible, guides and challenges the field in the preparation and analysis of the monthly forecast. If not possible ensures the monthly forecast, its correct valdiation according to guidelines and communicate to finance referent
- Guides the financial coordinators and supports the Emergency Unit Coordinator on the risk resources analysis and mitigation measures
- Provides the needed information to Accountancy and Funding referents
- Collaborates and supports the development of tools, ad hoc dossiers and actively participates in other activities (trainings, Finco week)
- Ensures that the Emergency Unit team receives the necessary support on all financial issues
- Ensures a good communication and information flow within the team, the finance department and the missions of his/her portfolio on all financial and other related issues
- Carries out Finco performance evaluation along with the line manager
- Carries out field visits when necessary
Education & experience:
- University degree in management, business administration or finance (bachelor’s degree level) or equivalent working experience
- Field experience in finance with an International NGO is required
- MSF field experience in finance is a very strong asset
- Field experience in an Emergency context is an asset
- Strong knowledge of financial tools and management
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian interventions
- Solution oriented, autonomous, flexible and shows initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Available to go on the field at short notice
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), French is an asset
- Expected starting date: ASAP
- Contract type: 3 months contract (CDD) – Full time
- Location*: Brussels (Belgium) with field visits
- Salary according to the MSF-OCB HQ salary grid – Hospital insurance (DKV) – Pension plan – 100% reimbursement for public transport cost
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
*Candidates having a valid work permit for the above-mentioned location are strongly invited to apply
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2022
How to apply
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-Operations@brussels.msf.org and mention “**Emergency Finance Officer – Ukraine**” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.