- April 26, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
All countries where the emergency desk opens activities, which require an urgent response. On call, the Emergency Project Coordinator should be available within 48 hours for rapid and short interventions. He/she is part of a core group of medicals, para-medicals and support staff responsible for responding to:
· epidemic outbreaks
· nutritional crises
· displaced populations and/or refugees’ camps
· conflict contexts
· natural disasters
· exploratory missions
· Short gaps filling in the field on regular missions
· Participation in exploratory missions and evaluations, on the request of E cell/E Coordo.
· Definition, implementation (or modification) of the operational strategy of an emergency project.
· Identification and management of the means necessary for the implementation of an emergency intervention.
· Coordination of the medical project in collaboration with the PMR/medco/cell: evaluation of needs and situation, definition of strategy and activities.
· Coordination and supervision of staff (emergency) in the field.
· Management of material and financial resources.
· Management of project security.
· Reporting on the interventions.
· According to the decision taken by headquarters, the Emergency Project Coordinator can be asked to coordinate an activity, which is under the responsibility of a Head of Mission in the country where the section is already active.
· 24 months of field experience with MSF in a project coordination role and at least one mission in an emergency context with MSF. Or staff from other humanitarian organizations, with 24 months of field experience in emergency contexts in a project coordinator role, who ideally have carried out at least one mission in an emergency context with MSF.
· Expertise in analyses of unstable contexts / crises situations
- Capacity to quickly evaluate an emergency on ground and to propose an appropriate strategy of intervention
- General knowledge of MSF in emergency management
- Experience in Public Health programs
- Proven management skills with emphasis on team-leadership/human resources
- Knowledge and experience in security management in insecure contexts
- Commitment to the aims and values of MSF
- Knowledge and affinity/belief in advocacy role of MSF
- Fluency in French and English is essential; knowledge of another language is an asset (Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese in particular)
- Capacity for coordination and organization
- Capacity to negotiate and make decisions
- Knowledge of information and communication equipment used by MSF
- Diplomacy, broadminded spirit
- Availability, flexibility and mobility
Terms of Employment
· Field-based contract, fixed-term for one year, renewable. Duration of the direct interventions on the field: from 4 weeks to 3 months (certain flexibility is asked in the event of needs)
· Per-diem in the field during assignments;
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their complete application in English or in French (5MB max) to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “E-PC 2022.05” in the subject line:
- CV 2 pages. max.
- letter of motivation 1p. max.
The deadline for applications is 16.05.2022 à 5pm.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website: http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/