- May 5, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The IRC in Wichita resettles refugees who are newly arrived in the U.S. and works with asylees and other immigrant populations in the community. The Family Reunification Specialist (Bilingual) coordinates the completion and submission of family reunification applications for refugee and immigrant populations, particularly those associated with Afghan resettlement programming. They identify current clients eligible to file such applications and conduct community outreach to advertise the programs. The Family Reunification Specialist (Bilingual) works with clients to prepare and submit applications to headquarters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in training webinars hosted by IRC headquarters on family reunification programs.
- Communicate with Afghan clients holding humanitarian parolee status in Pashto and/or Dari/Farsi to assess needs and connect them with services. Provide limited technical translation services.
- Complete applications in the online database; monitor database for updates and corrections needed; communicate with IRC headquarters staff on any questions or corrections needed.
- Track applications and keep clients apprised of submission status.
- Provide individualized and group orientations for new clients.
- Adhere to the case file management, database documentation, and reporting requirements ensuring that case files and documentation are compliant at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED is required.
- 1-2+ years of experience in refugee resettlement or immigration field strongly preferred; knowledge of the US resettlement program and family reunification pathways preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Pashto speaking and reading ability required. Dari/Farsi language skills optional. Fluency in English is required.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe preferred; familiarity with IRIS a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Solid diplomatic and networking skills; ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail.
· Standard office environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: