- July 28, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
VisionFund – World Vision International
VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children.
We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
Here’s where you come in:
As FAST Business Development Manager, VisionFund International, you will be part of part of the FAST team and will employ VisionFund International (VFI) collective experience in supporting savings groups with THRIVE- tested interventions to expand these models and lessons to the broader financial sector. VFI as part of its 2030 strategy seeks to impact an additional 9 million children by enabling 3 million clients to have access to financial services outside of its present network of MFIs. This work is positioned within the World Vision Inclusive Finance Group as part of its partnership strategy. This new position is being created to grow access to formal financial services for savings groups (VSLAs/ S4T) globally as a result of the learnings coming out from THRIVE 2.0.
- University degree
- A minimum of 7 years’ work experience in the microfinance/ retail banking sector; and a minimum of 3 years supporting savings groups/VSLAs.
- Hands-on knowledge of how savings groups are formed, operate and grow is essential. Experience working with NGOs
- Research, writing and knowledge management skills
- Experience leading projects that engage with partner organizations
- Worked in multiple countries, whether full-time or consulting
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally, potentially 30% of the time. Able to work from home if required.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date 11 AUG 2023.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.