- January 9, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Field Manager
Location: Nimba & Grand Kru Counties (2 persons) 1 per county.
Reports to: Regional Field Manager, Breakthrough ACTION Liberia
Breakthrough ACTION Liberia is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead social and behavior change (SBC) programming in 12 counties. Led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP), Breakthrough ACTION partners include Save the Children, ideas42, and Think Place. The vision of the Breakthrough ACTION Liberia project is to deliver effective, high-quality social and behavior change (SBC) activities in Liberia that will result in improved demand and use of health services for malaria; maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH); nutrition; family planning/ reproductive health (FP/RH); adolescent health; and water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH) and engage communities in behaviors to prevent zoonotic and non-zoonotic infections in line with the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA).
Summary: The Field Manager will be responsible for managing day-to-day implementation and oversight of Breakthrough ACTION Liberia’s programmatic interventions and monitoring and evaluation activities at the county, district, and community levels. S/he will be expected to work in close coordination with the county health team, USAID implementing partners, and civil society organizations. S/he will report to the Regional Field Manager and work in close consultation with the SBC Advisor and M&E Advisor, Technical Team Leads as well as the broader SBC and research, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (RMEL) teams, as appropriate. S/he will also be responsible for providing context-specific input on county implementation while working to strengthen capacity and promote collaboration among government partners and other non-governmental stakeholders in the counties through advocacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Field Manager’s specific duties will include:
- Collaborate with government and non-governmental partners at the county, district, and community levels, serving as a liaison regarding SBC-related health issues.
- Provide technical assistance and advise the county health team on Breakthrough ACTION SBC approaches and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Enhance county-wide capacity to roll out Breakthrough ACTION Liberia approaches through capacity gaps assessment, provision of simplified tools and resources, distance-based training and guidance, and rapid deployment of expertise.
- Direct and manage the planning, organizing, budget preparation/maintenance, and program implementation and research functions required in the daily operations of project implementation at multiple levels.
- Identify, build, and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners, e.g. academia; social networks; celebrities, journalists, media, all sectors/levels of (socially aware) society, formal and informal community leaders, and other civil society organizations and key stakeholders to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities for SBC advocacy to promote positive behavior change related to malaria, MNCH, FP/RH, Nutrition, WASH, GHSA, and Gender.
- Participate in and/or effectively represent Breakthrough ACTION Liberia at SBC and health-related meetings, training, and stakeholder forums.
- Enhance the sustainability of SBC programming through partnership and collaboration with other development partners and health/learning host institutions.
- Monitor and evaluate the reach and effectiveness of Breakthrough ACTION Liberia’s interventions and activities, with direction from the RMEL unit.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s mission and values, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Breakthrough ACTION Liberia Chief of Party/ Deputy Chief of Party.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Social Science, Humanities, other).
Required experience will include:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience leading health and/or development project implementation, including 3+ years’ experience with community mobilization, partner development, and maintenance
- Skilled in mentoring, coaching, and training stakeholders with varying educational backgrounds and aptitudes.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage a fast-paced workload with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level oral and written communication skills (in English) including the capacity to communicate and work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Possess knowledge of country-specific contexts and networks
- Strong experience working with community channels or structures.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrable ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop collaborative relationships and networks between government, nongovernment organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, make independent decisions to consistently demonstrate sound ethics, and act with integrity.
- Minimum of 5 years with progressive technical experience in the following: Advocacy, Malaria, Family Planning or related Reproductive Health, MNCH, nutrition, and WASH programs in Liberia.
- Experience developing, designing, and implementing social behavior change communication interventions that reflect the priorities and local country context.
- Experience with supportive supervision, monitoring field activities, data capture, timely project reporting, and generating success stories.
- Ability to facilitate meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to use technology to connect, share, exchange, update team members, and develop project documents.
Language Skills: Must be fluent in English, and understanding of the local dialects specific to project areas is an added advantage.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send electronic copies of your motivational letter, CV, and contacts of three (3) professional references/ former and current line managers/ Supervisor to the below email with the subject 0012024-Field Manager- Nimba/ Grand Kru, no later than Friday, January 19, 2024. Only Liberia-based citizens residing in Liberia are encouraged to apply.