At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting a Finance Director for an upcoming USAID-funded Regional Civil Society Project in Central Asia. The project will aim to strengthen civil society organizations across Central Asia, with a focus on Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, to better represent the interests of citizens and act both as an effective partner and, when necessary, hold the government accountable for being responsive to citizens’ needs and interests. Additional activities may include regional networking with Kyrgyz Republic and Turkmenistan. The Finance Director is responsible for all aspects of the project’s financial and accounting management and for providing support to all technical, program, and operations departments. The Finance Director will ensure that the program operates within the approved budget and is compliant with US Government cost principles under 2 CFR 200. This position is contingent upon award.
- Maintain project accounts in accordance with Pact policies and procedures.
- Ensure project expenditures are in accordance with the approved budget, project contract, and USAID policies and cost principles.
- Develop and manage project budget and pipeline to ensure project does not exceed approved obligation and budget ceiling.
- Provide detailed analyses of costs, budgets, contracts, and funding requirements.
- Monitor monthly financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as accounting, finance, or business administration.
- At least 5 years of experience managing finances for US Government-funded programs, preferably USAID.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience with USAID rules and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations under 2 CFR 200.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please apply here athttps://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1149/finance-director/job