- June 13, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 60 deliver multi-year projects, programmes and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organisations, foundations and private sector clients.
Vision: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in complex and challenging contexts. Our work helps create stability, accountability and prosperity.
Mission: Based on evidence and learning, we help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend and recommend.
Commitment: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our service delivery, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure not only that our clients receive the best possible service but that we benefit the individuals and communities amongst whom we work.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
Scope of Work
The Finance Officer will be a fixed-term employee. The Finance Officer should have experience in processing client and project consultant invoices on the accounting system Xero, project financial reporting, expense and receipt reconciliations, Bank and cash reconciliations and financial administration in a fast-paced company in the private sector of international development work. The Finance Officer will work in the Corporate Team reporting to the Finance Manager.
Terms of Reference
A. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Bank Reconciliations (70%)
Processing client, project and supplier invoices and bank reconciliations
- Reviewing project consultant invoices received from the Project Officers to ensure all the supporting data is accurate including timesheets and expense receipts.
- Uploading consultant and supplier invoices on the accounting software Xero whilst adhering to tight deadlines during month-end.
- Liaising with Project Officers to plan for the month-end process so that all consultant invoices are received on time.
- Weekly bank reconciliations of multiple banks in different jurisdictions.
- Reconciliation of receipts and expenses and filling the receipts in respective folders on the online platform; Following up with the team to resolve discrepancies between expenses and receipts.
- Uploading client invoices and ensuring all income and reimbursable expenses are posted to the correct codes on the accounting software Xero.
Updating project codes
- Managing the project code datasets on financial templates on a regular basis.
B. General Financial Administration (15%)
- Organising, filing, and saving receipts in respective named folders on the online platform.
C. Internal Management and Coordination (15%)
- Create efficient processes using Excel spreadsheets and templates, including updating all templates on Podio.
- Assist the Finance Manager in running the month end process.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to develop and document new accounts payable and receivable processes to strengthen internal controls.
Your Experience and Expertise
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or similar field with at least 2 years’ accounting experience.
- Studied towards a professional qualification.
- The ability to multi-task with minimal direction, meet deadlines, and self-manage, with proven strong attention to details and high degree of professionalism, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Skills in Excel and Word.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to understand and explain accounting and financial data to non-accountants.
- Effectiveness at working with a diverse team.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with the ability to write clear and compelling narrative.
You should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at **www.integrityglobal.com/apply** and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2022.However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.