- August 14, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kirumba, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
As Finance Officer you will be responsible for the financial administration of two KfW funded projects. You will ensure that the projects’ financial administrative processes are efficient and correspond with Welthungerhilfe (WHH) as well as with donor standards. With your work, you will ensure that financial administrative processes are auditable by carrying out financial administrative controls at project level. In addition, you will train local WHH staff to meet the standards regarding finance, administration and HR.
- Ensure that project funds are correctly managed according to the specifications of WHH and co-financers
- Ensure that documentation of data, account assignment and bookkeeping entries are carried out correctly in bookkeeping software
- Ensure costs are cleared internally within a project or between projects
- Prepare documentation that Head of Project and/or project partner organisations can assume budgetary responsibility (expenditure and budget control)
- Prepare annual account documents in cooperation with Head of Project and Head of Finance in Country Office
- Preparation of refunds/returns/final fund requests to donors
- Instruct, advise and supervise local administrative staff
- Making purchases and awarding of contracts according to valid regulations (of WHH and co-financers)
- Monitoring and correctly processing relief supplies and other equipment, particularly in terms of compliance with import regulations, monitoring inventory accounting, physical inventory inspections
- Correctly managing project inventory and vehicle fleet
- Support the Head of Project(s) in the preparation or revision of the project / co-financing budget in terms of formal correctness, as well as with the liquidity planning of the project
- A university or college degree in business administration, finance or economics
- At least 3 years experience in financial project administration of partner implemented projects
- International working experience, preferably in DRC
- Experience in collaboration with donors (KFW and USAID; BMZ and GFFO is an advantage)
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written French, good English skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 27, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Peter Doerr. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.