- June 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The IRC seeks a Financial Coach to support its Economic Empowerment programming, specifically to enhance the financial inclusion of refugees, immigrant, and other enrolled individuals. Financial counseling and coaching involve an ability to engage and motivate clients, a strong understanding of personal finances, and the ability to teach that knowledge to others. The Financial Coach is responsible for assisting clients in developing plans that help them reach their goals and achieve financial stability. The Financial Coach is expected to focus services in a one-on-one counseling format, while also conducting classes and workshops on topics such as budgeting, credit building, banking, and financial products.
One on one financial counseling and coaching
- Develop plans of action and provide tools, resources, and promote accountability to clients to help them meet their goals
- Assist clients in assessing and resolving current financial challenges, while providing a wide lens on their financial health to shift the approach to proactive financial management
- Work with clients to complete a detailed financial assessment
- Develop a budget and provide strategies for budget improvement
- Assess clients’ financial history and provide strategies for credit building and increasing net assets
- Understand and collaborate with colleagues providing other services offered by the IRC, such as employment, career development, case management, and education services
Workshop and training delivery
- Develop workshop materials or tailor existing materials to meet the needs of the community. Workshop topics should be relevant to the community, and may include topics such as: budgeting, savings, banking products, credit building, and identity theft
- Schedule and deliver workshops and trainings
- Collaborates with partners to expand financial literacy support to community members and provide community-based classes
- Administer credit-building and other consumer loan program and ensure applications have been compiled and submitted in a timely manner.
- Review of documentation for loan applications; ensure clients showing financial instability receive additional coaching for their own stability and success.
- Record outcomes within ETO database and satisfy related reporting requirements in alignment with funder objectives.
- Use Efforts to Outcome (ETO), client management system, to document and reflect client outcomes accurately and in a timely manner
- Complete Family budgets and net worth worksheets for financial counseling clients, as well as recording credit reports
- Work with the Economic Empowerment team to ensure that any changes to clients CFA (new job, new benefit and change in credit score) are properly documented in relevant systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of financial services and/or public benefits systems preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit setting and prior experience working in financial coaching services a plus
- Experience working in a diverse, and non-traditional setting with diverse client base
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an overall ability to be clear and concise
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability required in Dari and/or Pashto, written and spoken.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
*Working Environment:***Standard office work environment, along with some field work, including local travel to employers, client homes and other community-based partners.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply