- January 31, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Overall Job Purpose
The position holder will be responsible for conceptualising and implementing innovative and creative fundraising actions and initiatives to support the growth of ActionAid Nigeria’s funding base. S/he will be involved in coordinating project management amongst staff and ActionAid governance structure towards the successful implementation of special fundraising outreaches.
S/he should be dynamic, people-focused, highly innovative, a team player, a fantastic communicator and can grasp what’s important to potential donors/supporters and leadership.
This role requires continuous engagement with people, including individuals, corporates and high value partners.
- Research and identify potential fundraising opportunities to support organisational funding needs, monitor progress, and explore alternative resources.
- Develop comprehensive fundraising activity plans for regular giving and coordinate fundraising events and activities, liaising with key stakeholders and third-party organisations.
- Devise and implement various fundraising initiatives, including corporate fundraising programmes, employer gift matching, and annual giving campaigns.
- Identify, build, and re-establish relationships with major corporate organisations and potential donors.
- Solicit and secure cash or in-kind donations from individuals, businesses, or corporate donors during events, meetings, and conferences.
- Provide regular reports and monthly updates to the team on fundraising duties and events.
- Conceptualise innovative ideas to effectively mobilise resources for the organisation, establishing a donor database for strategic relationship-building.
- Monitor events and programmes for fundraising opportunities and potential partnerships.
- Manage and supervise fundraising volunteers, and delegates task to Volunteers to make sure that each is able to perform efficiently and productively, ensuring targets are met.
- Liaise with the Supporter Services Advisor to provide regular updates to supporters signed on from the innovative fundraising projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the management of potential supporters for long term programme of donation and fundraising opportunities.
- Harness networks and contacts to build working relationships with potential funders and supporters.
- Contribute to the development of reports to the Governance structure.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of all contractual agreements with donors and supporters.
- Ensure effective performance management of all line staff.
- Facilitate capacity building for staff on fundraising and supporter/donor management.
- Visit communities and participate in relevant AAN activities towards influencing resource mobilisation.
How to apply
To apply, kindly complete relevant application form accessed from https://nigeria.actionaid.org/jobs Application form should be sent in an MSWord attachment to Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org. Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
Please refer to the website – https://nigeria.actionaid.org/jobs for appropriate detailed job descriptions/ or terms of reference and application forms.
Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g., Fundraising Advisor – Lagos
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the Northeast and Northwest are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12th February 2024. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.