- March 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fundraising and Compliance Manager
Oxfam in North Africa (NAF)
Based in Tunisia
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Oxfam’s programs in the North Africa sub-region have a one-program approach, working in humanitarian response, development and influencing, with the ambition of increasing the role of civil society in influencing & advocacy and knowledge-for-impact both within and beyond the countries where Oxfam works.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Internal Job Grade:
Type of Contract:
Full time per National Staff Terms and Conditions / Règlement Intérieur
Annual Salary & Benefits:
According to Oxfam salary scale and HR policy & conditions in Tunisia
Fundraising and Compliance Lead
Staff reporting to this position:
Finance and Grants Compliance Officers (Tunisia)
The Fundraising and Compliance Manager will support the Funding and Compliance Lead in providing strategic leadership on resource mobilisation from the Tunisia perspective. S/he will be responsible for i) developing and implementing the resource mobilisation strategies with a focus on the Tunisian; ii) supporting in building partnerships with donors, Oxfam affiliates and civil society stakeholders; iii) working closely with the program team in Tunisia to developing innovative programs for submissions to donors; iv) addressing key financial and reputational risks and v) ensuring that there are strategies in place to maintain adequate skills and capacity, staffing and income within the portfolio of the country office.
This role based in Tunisia can also support the work to build proposals or contribute to grants for programmes in Egypt via partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Resource mobilization strategies: Leads the design and implementation of resource mobilization strategy.
New Business development: Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting Oxfam’s programs, with Oxfam Affiliates, institutional and other donors.
Bid Development:** Prepares all necessary groundwork for proposal development and bid management1, helps assemble bid development teams, provides effective bid project management and undertakes quality assurance of donor proposals to ensure high quality competitive proposals in order to successfully secure institutional donor funds at scale.
Strategic Donor Engagement: Leads key donor engagement plans, in close relation with affiliates and gathers regularly intelligence on key donors’ approaches and priorities. Together with the Fundraising and Compliance Lead, ensures the management and buildingg of Oxfam’s relationships with institutional donor representatives within a country or multi-country frame as needed. Proactively engages on a strategic basis with institutional donors in order to facilitate technical program exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding.
Coordination: Coordinates country-level Bid, with relevant Oxfam staff in Program and Partnership team, the Influencing and Advocacy team, with partner affiliates. Gathers key information to inform the bid or non bid decision for country proposals that involve Tunisia programmatic footprint. Involved on business development activities with. Active engagement in Oxfam co-ordination mechanisms to facilitate collaboration across teams, countries and with affiliate teams.
Management: Guarantee that the team of Finance and Grants Compliance Officers have the capacity needed to deliver on their responsibilities, advise management as needed on recruitment, risk identification, skills training and capacity building and help ensure that Oxfam is adequately resourced.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- A university degree – or equivalent – in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Law, Economics or International Development or other relevant experience.
- At least 7 years of demonstrable experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency; demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies; and proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
- Solid experience, very good knowledge and understanding of the donor and funding context, environment and key players in the specific country.
- Experience, very good knowledge and understanding of the context – and of key issues of development and transition.
- Experience of working with and coaching technical teams to develop complex program proposals that are funded by institutional donors.
- Ability to work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment.
- Work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units. Proven ability to utilise talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives.
- Solid understanding and convictions of a rights-based approach and gender sensitive, and experience in the NGO sector.
- Good familiarity with government decision-making processes, both political and technical, including budget processes, appropriation, protocols, and communications.
- Strong verbal and written communication, networking, representational, and negotiation skills. Excellent command of English and French; at least good knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Strong writing skills and strong ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs.
- Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks.
- Experience of skills capacity building in relation to program funding or related field.
- Good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam’s strategic objectives and theories of change (Desirable)
- Experience with EU guidelines and procedures (desirable)
How to apply
Interested individuals must apply no later than April 6th, 2022 by going on this link: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=11352&company=OxfamNovibP
and clicking on the “Apply” button above.
In case further clarifications are need before the applications submission date, please do not hesitate to contact us via email.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and nationalities based in North Africa or elsewhere in the MENA, and/or have proven experience in this region, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization.