- June 1, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Employment position at Calais Common Initiative
Calais Common Initiative is a collective of five organisations working on the ground in Calais, providing services to displaced communities.
6 months position
The position: Providing fundraising management and strategy to a collective of five organisations providing humanitarian aid assistance on the France-UK border. The aim of this position is to a) generate further income for the Calais Common Initiative, b) plan a two year funding strategy for Humanitarian Base and c) create long lasting partnerships and relationships to ensure sustainability for the organisations.
Identifying new funding opportunities for a collective of humanitarian NGOs in Northern France.
Justifying funding choices with the Calais Common Initiative and taking the lead on grant applications.
Promoting through direct donor conversations the funding challenges facing Northern France and finding innovative solutions to those challenges.
Creating a two year fundraising strategy with goals and action points as to how to achieve them for the Common Initiative to follow post-employment. (With successful funding, continuation of employment is a possibility.)
- 3+ years experience of fundraising management and/or strategic financial planning.
- Experience in identifying donors, grants, open calls and applications in the humanitarian sector.
- Proven experience of securing large grants (80,000 EUR and above) and successfully maintaining long-term donor relationships.
- Experience in donor reporting and overall grants management.
- Experience working with a team of people from different nationalities/countries and thriving in this environment.
- Fluent knowledge of writing and submitting grants in additional languages, especially French.
- Physical experience of working/volunteering in the field with refugees and displaced communities (any country).
- Ability to work in a sometimes high-pressure environment and remain focused.
- Ability to see individual work and progress made objectively and take constructive criticism on board in the interest of collective aims.
This position is to be completed in-person, in Calais, France. However, remote working with visits to Calais will be considered for the right candidate. Please do not apply if you are not willing to visit Northern France.
How to apply
All valid applications must include a Cover Letter stating briefly your experience in fundraising management, motivation for taking on the role with the Common Initiative, and a rough outline of what your ideas for long-term sustainable funding of the collective could be. Apply via a Cover Letter and CV by email to email@example.com.
Applications due 24th June 2022.