- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Country/Region: Lebanon, Beirut
Organization: Save the Children International
Closing date: Friday March 18th, 2022
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about Gender Equality for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Gender, Inclusion & Divsersity Specialist will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical and practical knowledge and relationship building skills to deliver our strategic ambition for advancing gender equality, disability inclusion and diversity in Lebanon. The role supports field teams and partners with implementation of high quality programmes that advance gender equality and inclusion and ensure that children, girls and boys can equitably access, participate within, benefit from and act as decision makers for both emergency and development programming.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
This role will support national advocacy and influencing, while contributing to strategic partnerships for new business development. It provides leadership to ensure our work is grounded on intersectional gender, disability and power analysis, and supports the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to demonstrate impact, while sharing learning across our programmes, teams and partners. He/She/They will also work closely with operations colleagues and with partners, especially women’s/girls’ rights and gender equality-focused organizations, organisations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) in Lebanon, fostering the building of ownership and agency of local organisations. The role will provide leadership to design/adapt and deliver gender, inclusion and diversity content for capacity development and system strengthening. The role includes working with SC’s HR department to ensure Save the Children Lebanon is an inclusive and diverse place to work. While technical expertise is a plus, we are interested in people from other technical backgrounds too (including protection for example), who have a strong interest in driving forward gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children on this role you will need to demonstrate:
- At least 3 years’ experience (including field experience) in implementation of humanitarian and development programmes
- Strong understanding of gender equality & inclusion principles and practices, policy priorities and key gender inequalities impacting children in Lebanon
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to intersectional gender & disability, piloting, implementation and evaluation of innovative technical tools and resource to advance gender equality & disability inclusion.
- Significant experience in training, capacity development, and mentoring
- Fluent in English and high level of English writing skills
For the full list, please download the job description
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cy5raG9kci4xNzc2Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20