- August 22, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Global Fleet Data Manager role is a crucial position within CARE fleet management team reporting to the Director of Fleet Management and Safety, responsible for analyzing and interpreting data related to the organization’s global fleet operations and will oversee the entire data management life-cycle for CARE USA vehicle fleets, from system selection to data presentation maintaining a focus on ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and usability to support effective decision making and enhance fleet management across the organization’s operations in multiple countries.
This role involves designing the Fleet data requirements and gathering, organizing, and evaluating data from various sources. The Global Fleet Data Manager will utilize advanced analytics techniques and data visualization tools to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can drive informed decision-making and improve fleet efficiency, safety, and cost-effectiveness.
Additionally, this role collaborates closely with cross-functional teams to support the Director of Fleet Management and Safety to develop performance metrics and contribute to strategic planning initiatives. A strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and proficiency in data analysis tools are essential for success in this position.
- Data Management Systems: identify and select appropriate data management systems and tools to effectively collect, store, and manage vehicle fleet data.
- Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting: Governance: Establish data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, security, and compliance with relevant regulations. Collection: Develop and implement standardized data collection processes across all country offices. Reporting: Generate reports and perform data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and insights related to vehicle fleet management. Prepare regular reports for country offices, regional teams, and global headquarters.
- Capacity Building: provide training and support to country office staff on data collection methodologies, data management systems, and reporting tools. Stay updated with emerging trends and best practices in data management and reporting.
- Collaboration and Coordination: collaborate with country offices, regional teams, and other stakeholders to align data management practices and ensure data consistency across all levels.
- Stakeholder Engagement: engage with internal and external stakeholders, including donors, partners, and regulatory bodies, to provide accurate and timely data on vehicle fleet management.
- Administration: manage all administrative requirements for the Fleet Management and Safety Unit including but not limited to:
- Scheduling, announcing and taking the minutes of Fleet meetings and distributing them once approved by the Director; – Maintain the Fleet Dashboard – Compile and draft unit reports (both regular and ad hoc) for Director review and approval
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to data management.
- Certified competency in Power BI and other data visualization software
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Five years’ experience in assisting international organizations in developing and managing data management systems for their operations in multicultural contexts
- Three years’ experience in relevant administrative duties
- Three years’ experience working living in developing countries/contexts with at least two years operations in complex/post-conflict environments
- Proven capacity to be able to evaluate, analyze and contextualize complex and challenging data management issues to different stakeholders and audiences
- High level of experience in developing data management related procedures, tools guidelines and systems
- Demonstrate strong capacity to advise, consult and otherwise interact with other departments to achieve fleet management goals.
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.* If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.***
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.