- July 28, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
VisionFund – World Vision International
VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children.
We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive.
Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
Here’s where you come in:
As Global Governance Director, VisionFund International, you will ensure that the VisionFund International (VFI) and MicroFinance Institutions (MFI’s) Boards are composed well and are effective, practising strong strategic leadership and oversight, and demonstrating best practice in their corporate governance. You will have overall accountability for the quality of governance throughout the MFIs including ownership of the strategic framework for governance, and the development of VFI governance policies. You will be responsible for reviewing and updating existing Governance policies, procedures and charters, and developing new ones where appropriate.
- Master’s degree. Business Administration, or relevant professional qualification, in Governance or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related subject, such as Law.
- Experience working as a Legal Counsel/Chief Legal Officer and Company Secretary in a corporate environment.
- Must have a clear understanding and experience of the different governance needs of a financial institution and a large NGO, i.e. World Vision.
- Training skills are essential and ability to develop training materials and case studies.
- Must have worked with Boards for not less than 5 years.
- Fluency in written and spoken English suitable for influencing at the most senior levels.
- The preference for this role is Europe and Africa Timezone but flexible on other locations.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. The position will be open until the right candidate is found.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.