- November 12, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Global IT Operations Manager
Job Purpose: Lead the global Infrastructure & support teams to deliver a high-quality information technology service to VSO staff and volunteers globally.
- Lead the infrastructure design, implementation, support and maintenance of VSO’s IT network.
- Deliver the agreed level of Information Technology service to all VSO users, including laptops, email, telephony, and access to internet and VSO applications. Implement solutions to measure and monitor services globally
- Fully accountable for Information Technology security, infrastructure resilience, IT business continuity and disaster recovery in all locations.
- Oversee incident response planning and management, including investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Act as supplier manager for key IT service providers of hardware software and consultancy services. Procure and manage a portfolio of suppliers to deliver IT services to VSO. Ensure best value by regular benchmarking and market review.
- Manage the IIT Service Desk team to provide application and technical support for VSO staff and volunteers.
- Own the Incident Management process by identifying trends and patterns in Service Desk activity and escalating underlying problems to be diagnosed and fixed.
- Part of the IIT Senior Management Team, providing cover for the Head of International IT in their absence.
Essential selection criteria
- Deep knowledge of managing a Microsoft estate and supporting systems including Active Directory, Azure, antivirus and backups
- Knowledge of Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies and monitoring and management tools.
- Advanced technical knowledge and understanding of: Window OS, Windows Server, O365, Azure, SQL, AD, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Networking, Firewalls, Routers, VMware, Enterprise AV, SharePoint, Cyber Security, Encryption, Cisco Meraki, and DB admin
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (GDPR)
- Experience of managing a global IT network and team, including responsibility for Information Security
- Experience with and enthusiasm for coaching, mentoring and on the job training
- Demonstrable experience in successfully supporting Microsoft Office projects involving significant scale and business change
- Experience of network design, including layer 2 and layer 3 networking.
- Able to present complex technical information clearly to a non-technical audience, with the ability to provide appropriate detail.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage workload for self and team
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills, including substantial hands-on experience in complex analysis and system design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency with PowerShell
- Practical experience gained within a volunteering/non-government organization context.
- ITIL level 3 qualification
How to apply