- September 19, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About Abundant Water
Abundant Water is a Canberra-based NGO delivering health and hygiene benefits by using the power of social business to design and develop sustainable and scalable clean drinking water projects. We empower individuals and communities to secure their own sustainable access to safe water. Working in remote rural areas in Laos and Timor-Leste, we train local potters and vendors to launch scalable micro-businesses as part of our social business model, ensuring their communities have a supply of clean water into the future.
Abundant Water was founded in 2008 by Sunny Forsyth, who when working as an Australian Government Youth Ambassador in Laos, witnessed first-hand the lack of safe drinking water in rural communities. Working with the Australian National University he developed innovative low-cost clay-pottery filters that remove over 95% of the pathogens in water. Our simple water filters are made using traditional techniques, from locally sourced organic materials. They have the ability to eliminate water-borne illnesses such as dysentery, gastro-enteritis, cholera, and typhoid that are endemic to many rural villages. To learn more about Abundant Water visit www.abundantwater.org
About the Role
The Governance Assistant will work within Abundant Water’s Governance Team in Canberra. You’ll work closely with the Director of Governance and another Governance Assistant to ensure an ethical and efficient framework for the management of the organisation. The team has a supportive culture and is a flexible volunteer environment where you can use and develop your skills across a variety of areas. If you’re interested in applying your skills in the international development sector then we’d love to hear from you!
Some of the key tasks you’ll be doing include:
- Review governing documents and update when required
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements
- Maintain organisational policies
- Assist with maintenance of records and our Google Drive
- Support the Director of Governance, Treasurer and Committee Chair
This role is based in Canberra, with work being carried out remotely. The time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week, or 1-2 days per month – but more time may be required occasionally.
The successful candidate will have all or some of the following:
- Understand and commit to the values of Abundant Water
- Work effectively as part of a team, and independently
- Demonstrate initiative and have a can-do attitude
- Have excellent written communication skills, and experience in report writing, developing and recording organisational procedures and processes
How to apply
To apply for this role, fill out this application form https://forms.gle/ZVkWMiiRwCJrtWkP7. If you would like to know more about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.