- August 4, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be home based at first. As soon as the security situation allows it, the duty station will be Port Sudan, Sudan.
As Grants Coordinator, you will ensure quality programming and successful Project Cycle Management (PCM) of Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) Sudan Country Programme by supporting effective grants management and reporting, timely and quality development of new proposals, compliance with WHH and donor regulations, and effective project-related communications in close coordination with the Head of Programs in Sudan.
- Support the Head of Programs in the development of proposals, including compilation of ideas/concepts from partner organizations, in coordination with the Expert for Partner organizations and all internal units/field offices
- Support and coordinate proposal writing processes with all relevant internal (in-country/headquarters) and external (partners, others) stakeholders, including draft logical frameworks in close collaboration with the Head of Programs
- Support the Country office and technical team in the design of communication material
- Act as Focal Point for Welthungerhilfe’s internal Project Management Database (ProMIS) and provide training to the team
- Ensure high quality and timely reports that meet donor and WHH requirements and incorporate mainstreaming issues such as gender and inclusion
- Assist due diligence and organizational assessments of partners as per Welthungerhilfe procedures
- Support project teams and partner organizations capacity building
- Ensure quality donor reporting, focusing on donor compliance and quality control
- Support project teams to meet donor reporting requirements, rules and regulations, and observe internal and external deadlines
- Track funding opportunities and assist with proposal development
- Support WHH Sudan to continuously improve PCM processes and outcomes
- A university or polytechnic degree in international development or another field relevant to the position
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in understanding donor regulations for reporting and proposal development (German and UN donors)
- Experience with some aspects of proposal development, reporting, project management and/or MEAL
- Advanced knowledge in MS Word and Excel as well as cloud-based information management
- Strong personal management skills, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, as well as good communication skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and a willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult settings
- Readiness to follow and comply with fast changing security protocolls and readiness to travel to project locations (based on security situation)
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and German
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 20, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.