- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we are already responding with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions, with the intention to scale-up assistance in the central and western regions of Ukraine. We have also launched a programme to support refugees arriving in Moldova, where we also already have a presence, and are investigating a further response in Poland.
We are now seeking passionate, professional and experienced humanitarian professionals to support our response to the crisis. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
Key areas for impact/influence and responsibilities:
The Regional Grant Manager will proactively fundraise for the Ukraine emergency response in Ukraine, Moldova and Poland, leading in planning, coordination, securing and management of restricted income and grants from a wide range of donors.
- Frequent negotiation and liaison with internal and external stakeholders on aspects of fundraising and reviewing of the Country Funding Strategy, operating models and Annual Plan.
- Work closely with the Regional Humanitarian Manager, Country Directors and Global Humanitarian team to ensure efforts in securing funding are coordinated and achieve the objectives of the strategy.
- Implement funding strategy, source new funding and assess risks to decide how to improve the funding strategy to support forward planning
- Resolve diverse and sometimes complex problems with impact in funding area around systems, funds management processes and people by providing technical/professional knowledge on this through formal training and/or work experience
- Provide professional support and advice to managers/budget holders in their area of responsibilities, such as the management of projects at unit level
- Collate information from a wide range of well-defined sources and conduct donor mapping as required to inform the funding strategies.
- Analyse and provide technical advice to programme staff on the funding policies and formal requirements of the different donor agencies in relation to the humanitarian programme.
- Maintain and share donor intelligence of in-country, regional and global funding opportunities relevant to the Ukraine response.
- Support programmes in securing restricted funds from existing and new donors, by co-ordinating and advising on development of competitive, high quality proposals, seeking multi-year funding from potential donors whenever possible.
- Work closely with the relevant managers to ensure greatest use of restricted funds through strategic recharging to donor contracts where possible, and to ensure budget spend is maximised.
- Maintain positive working relationships with donor agencies and represent HelpAge International to the donor community as required.
- Ensure all donor reports are of a high quality, meet the requirements of the donor and are delivered on time.
Let’s talk about you
You will be someone with:
- 5-7 years experience in funding management and fundraising activities.
- Knowledge of NGO programming in emergencies
- Strong technical knowledge of donor funding proposals and sound knowledge of institutional and government donors and funding policies
- Good research skills with ability to identify and propose successful strategies for identifying and establishing donor opportunities.
- Good relationship management skills, with ability to represent HelpAge International with external organisations and individuals.
- Good written skills with proven ability to develop and present proposals and plans, for both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent operational, planning and budgeting skills.
- Strong numeracy and general financial skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing key humanitarian donor grants: ECHO, GAC, BHA, DEC, SIDA, GFFO/AA.
- Extensive donor reporting experience
- Written and oral Russian
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to Helpage-HR@helpage.org
Due to the urgent need to recruit to this post we will be shortlisting applications as and when they are received