Location:Korhogo, Cote dIvoire CIV
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID West Africa mission intends to fund a five-year Strengthen Resilience and Learning to Countering Violent Extremism in Cote d’Ivoire Northern Border Areas program in August 2020.
The Grants Manager will be based in Korhogo, Cote d’Ivoire. S/he will responsible for an anticipateddonor-funded project in Cote d’Ivoire. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the smallgrantsmechanism.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager reports directly to the Chief of Party.
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance withdonorregulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years of experience with sub-grants management in Sub-Saharan Africa and preferably in Cote d’Ivoire; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding ofdonorregulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations onwhether or notapplicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and French.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)