- January 3, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for the preparation, development and analysis of key financial information enabling the WATAN’s Senior Management Team and Board Members to make well-informed decisions regarding service development, future stability and sustainability of the WATAN.
Building effective relationships across WATAN and donors.
You will lead, monitor, appraise, develop and motivate your team, managing the day to day running of an effective and timely finance function, ensuring all statutory requirements are met. Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems you will continuously look to improve processes and procedures and support the annual audit.
- Lead the Finance Department in an effective and efficient financial planning and management of resources.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any sub awards.
- Proactively develop financial forecast analysis to assist in areas such as management of currency risk and cost allocation rates.
- Ensure that the project’s financial accounting environment is in compliance with WATAN’s policies, procedures and regulations and legal requirements.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual analysis of the project’s trial balance and financial reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and submit as per scheduled due dates.
- Identify donors’ reporting requirements and develop standard reporting formats to aid in the consolidation of grant budgets and expenditures
- Prepare financial reports to various donors as per contractual obligations.
- Review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into WATAN’s accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Ensure that all costs are supported with proper supporting documentation and comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
- Facilitate any external or internal audit.
- Provide solutions to budget challenges and strategically utilize financial expertise to ensure maximum leverage of available funds.
- Propose and prepare budget revisions/realignment as necessary.
- Monitor the relevance of existing policies, procedures and systems in order to identify areas for improvement, striving for greater efficiency.
Assess training and development needs of finance staff.
- Undergraduate degree required in related field such as Finance, Accounting, Graduate degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of finance, budgeting, accounting practices experience required; preferably in a grant-driven non-profit or social services environment.
- At least 4 years direct staff supervision.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office; Excel, QuickBooks, or other accounting programs).
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; ability to communicate in a refugee language strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral and communication skills, conscientious, organized, self-directed and thorough in working with accounting procedures, data entry/record keeping.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and work under pressure with deadlines
Strong sense of personal integrity
How to apply
You can apply to the position through this link
Or you can send your CV with the title of the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org