- May 12, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CESVI’s strategy in Iran aims at providing support to Afghan refugees and vulnerable host communities, with a specific focus on the livelihood sector.
In this context, CESVI is recruiting a Head of Mission/Project Coordinator to coordinate the CESVI mission in Iran and activities in the livelihood sector.
The collaboration is expected to start in June / July 2023.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Teheran (Iran), with the possibility of field visits country-wide.
The Head of Mission/Project Coordinator will report to the Area Manager at HQ.
The main tasks are:
Management of the project
o In coordination with the local authorities and consortium partners, ensure appropriate and timely implementation of activities under the assigned outcome
o Ensure that all project activities are in line with the international standards and the requirements of the local authorities
o Define and implement the strategy and implementation modalities of the project’s expected outcome under CESVI responsibility
o Participate to regular coordination meetings with consortium’ partners
o Ensure the proper application of Donor and CESVI’s procedures;
o Develop and maintain track records of project’s outputs, supervise the activities, prepare reports to the Donor and CESVI HQ;
o Ensure the proper administrative-financial management of the activities
o S/He will work in close coordination with other NGOs member of the consortium.
Coordination and representation with stakeholders
o Represent CESVI in front of the national authorities, ensuring coordination and compliance of all CESVI activities with local legislation
o Management and coordination of relations with local and international partners
o Participating in networking meetings on behalf of CESVI
o Promoting and organizing meeting with donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies
Consolidation of CESVI presence in the Country
o Coordination and capacity building of local staff, ensuring compliance with national legislation and CESVI HR Policy
o Consolidation of CESVI presence in the Country, ensuring respect of the local legislation
o Represent CESVI in front of the relevant local authorities
Lead in the definition and development of programme Country strategy and Donors acquisition
o Contributing to the definition of a Country Strategy Paper in collaboration with the Area Manager
o Identifying the main intervention sectors, needs and opportunities in the Country
o Develop, in coordination with the Area Manager, new programme initiatives (Donors’ relations, liaising with potential donors, writing and submitting new proposals)
Act in accordance with national legislations
o Check and monitor the respect of national legislation regarding registration of CESVI in Iran and any other legal provisions affecting NGOs’ work
o Ensure compliance to local regulations and local labour law.
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA:
o Ensuring Safeguarding measures are implemented within his area of responsibility;
o Ensuring safeguarding measures are in place and staff, associates and other key stakeholders are made aware of and supported in implementing these measures;
o Ensuring Safeguarding measures are integrated with existing processes and systems (strategic planning, budgeting, recruitment, programme cycle management, performance management, procurement, partner agreements etc.);
o Follow up and address Safeguarding issues appropriately.
o Develop, in close collaboration with the Security Advisor, CESVI Security Plan and other rules and regulations on security
o Participating actively in security coordination mechanisms present in the Country
o Setting, in coordination with HQ and the Security Advisor, potential rules and regulations to strengthen security for CESVI staff, means and goods
o Keep communication with key informants, in coordination with Security Advisor
– University degree or postgraduate degree, preferably in International Development/Humanitarian sector, Economics, or another related field
– Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the NGO environment in senior roles in management, administration, and implementation of programs as international staff
– Extensive experience working in a senior management role within a complex country program in fragile states or protracted crises
– Knowledge of main Donors (in particular, INTPA)
– Experience of managing multi-donor and multi-site programmes
– Familiarity with the development interventions in the livelihoods sector, including agriculture value chains
– Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, review, and evaluation
– Experience in building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organization
– Ability to produce timely project proposals and high-quality narrative reports
– Excellent project writing skills and capacity to develop policies, plans, and strategies for implementation, if needed
– Security management expertise
– Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, TEAMS, etc.) as well as accounting packages & other database competencies
– Fluency in English (written and spoken)-
- Previous working experience in Iran or Middle East Region
- Previous experience in the start-up of INGOs in new Countries
- Previous experience in the implementation of humanitarian projects in partnership with local and international NGOs.
How to apply
To apply, thanks for sending your application to: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/head-of-mission-project-coordinator-iran-2/