- March 28, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position: Head of Operations
Contract Length: July 2023, 18 months with possibility of extension
Country Programme: DRC
Line Manager: Country Director (CD)
About People in Need:
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming.
About the role:
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Head of Operations (HoO) will be responsible for providing technical support, guidance and supervision to the logistic department. HoO will ensure that procedures and processes are in place, unified and in line with PIN´s and donor guidelines. HoO also directly leads the process of the development and staff capacity building across the departments in terms of the systems and operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Operations (Logistics, Procurement) national team while ensuring it has sufficient capacity both in number and qualification and securing their continuous capacity building based on personal development plans;
- Ensure that Systems and Operations support the implementation of the Country Strategy and that procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in compliance with donors´ and PIN rules;
- Ensure that key support policies are continuously updated as required and adjusted to the context;
- Ensure standardization of processes/procedures related to operations of logistics, procurement, HR and administration.
- Previous work for INGO abroad of the country of residence
- Significant previous experience with managing systems, particularly logistic
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization, preferably direct experience from the country program level
- Experience with team management and supervision
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Strong coordination, organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English, good level of French is an advantage but not required
- IT literacy, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, working experience with accounting and economic software
- University degree preferably in Finance/Economics, Logistic, Public Administration, Law or a related discipline
- Experience with finance management of a projects is an advantage
- Working environment in a well-established middle-sized and continuously growing humanitarian organization in a challenging context;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies; expected salary 2,650-2,850 EUR super gross (based on experience), monthly subsistence allowance of 1,800 EUR;
- Housing allowance;
- 25 days of holiday per year + R&R policy;
- Travel health insurance (covers health care incl. the repatriation);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once every 6 months of work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with the visa application procedure;
- Reimbursement of the medical check-up before and after the deployment;
- Free 24/7 medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Free access to e-learning sites, global PIN’s Induction Training, Knowledge and Learning department onboarding, and individually tailored capacity-building opportunities; incl. HEAT training.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and is committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via our application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).