- May 11, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Duration : 12 months
Start date : 01-Jun-2023
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Ensuring timely and quality implementation of humanitarian and development projects and responsible for overall operational management of the base in coordination with technical, logistics and administrative departments, partners and stakeholders.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Base Operation, Strategy Development and External relations
- Monitor and analyze the political, socio-economic and humanitarian/development context in Caraga Regions, and discuss with the CD potential programmatic and strategic decisions.
- Ensure effective operational management of the Programme area through oversight of and adherence to Programme tools, logistics, communications, transport, human resources, and finance policies and procedures.
- Responsible of developing and revising Action Against Hunger’s base Strategy and its annual workplan in coordination with the CD and stablish a monitoring plan.
- To ensure that programs are aligned with the national strategies, are relevant and of high quality for Action Against Hunger’s mandate.
- Coordinates, oversees, reviews and validates the timely and correct preparation of reports to donors, internal reports and any other document for external actors (amendments to donors, letters, requests, contract etc…)
- Engage and represents Action Against Hunger in relevant sector working group or other external meetings, ensuring leadership in the sectors relevant for the organization.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, such as donors, government authorities, international and local organizations, counterparts, beneficiaries, the press and other external actors related to Action Against Hunger activities.
- Engages in active fund raising (development of relationships with potential donors)
- Negotiate with external actors.
- Lead and ensure Action Against Hunger employees at the base will show commitment to human rights principles, gender equality and non-discrimination approach in all their work.
- Support and ensure the support departments comply with reporting requirement and timely submission of reports according to agreed formats and follow-up the contribution (in-kind) required by programs.
- Actively search for local capacities with potential to give and add value to the project (NGO, institutions, universities, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with humanitarian and ethical principles, and with security norms in the project.
Objective 2: Programme Implementation and Management
- Work closely with Deputy Country Director and the technical coordinators to facilitate the correct and timely implementation and identification of projects.
- Contribute to the development of the area Programme through participation in and facilitation of assessments, visits, and evaluations.
- Ensure that a high standard and quality is maintained in program implementation, proposals, reports, and other material to be submitted donors.
- Ensure that the Programme area is managed, and programs implemented in accordance with all relevant AAH sectoral policies and strategies and approved proposal and budget.
- Follow-up on the implementation of required activities on a daily manner. This includes directing activities, avoiding mistakes, and receiving and submitting projects reports.
- Verify the received documents and ensure the potential beneficiaries comply with the required standards to benefit from the project.
- To oversee the implementation and monitoring of programmes to ensure timely and effective implementation and financial management.
- Coordinate and follow-up with the consortium partner their timely and effective implementation of the project.
- Represent, participate, and coordinate with project team and with consortium partner/staff in assigned areas/projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at a technical level, including coordination and communication with government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries and other external actors in the field.
- Lead updating and reviewing of project work plan/Procurement-supply plan/budget forecast and progress on a monthly and as-needed basis integrating all departments’ activities and its dissemination to all department heads and maintain accurate documentation.
- To ensure the validation and consolidation of all reports from the technical team in accordance with the monthly APR both Excel and narrative, including annexes required such as SOVs, video and visibility materials.
- Support the transparency of the procedures as well as the implementation of Donors guidelines (including the documentation of the transparent decision making).
- Support and coordinate local partner’s capacity building strategy in coordination of Deputy Country Director.
- Lead capitalization of the project experience and prepare specific written documents in coordination with Action Against Hunger sector coordinators.
- To ensure the availability of complete project documents and filed in accordance with the Archiving Guidelines.
Objective 3: Management base human resources following HR manual and procedures.
- Ensure the efficient management of the Human Resources assigned to the project in line Action Against Hunger HR policies.
- Identify training needs of the project staff and support the provision of capacity building and technical coaching of the technical team to ensure that they perform their job and achieve the objectives and implement the activities under Action Against Hunger.
- Manage and conduct regular performance evaluation of the team members in compliance with Action Against Hunger policy and procedures and when necessary, review the job descriptions and organization of the staff according to project needs and assess training needs and train the staff if required to achieve the project objectives.
- To participate to the recruitment process for the project according to the needs.
- Support to recruit the required staff, if necessary, in coordination with the HR manager in Manila and technical coordinators.
- Support, when necessary, review of the job descriptions and Organization of the team according to the base needs.
- Support to ensure the implementation of the staff regulation in the base.
Objective 4: Management of the administrative/finances issues of the base following policies guidelines and procedures
- Lead and participation to the financial management of the base in collaboration with the Base Finance Officer, and logistics drafts and updates budget follow up and projection, to ensure the financial visibility of the base, follow up of co-funding and partners contribution according to mission tools.
- Lead and ensure base/project budget forecast are done in timely manner and in coordination with base administrator and communicate with Finance/Admin coordinator.
- Ensure financial expenses are in compliance with AAH and donor guidelines in coordination with Admin department, communicate deviations in timely manner with Manila coordination team.
- Ensure implementation all financial and cash procedures on the base.
- Ensure all administrative procedures in the Base follow standards and manuals and the mission level memorandums.
- Ensure base level payments and done on time.
- Lead and ensure the promotion and roll-out of Action Against Hunger Charter, Code or Conduct and other institutional policies and guidelines.
Objective 5: Management of the logistics of the base following policies guidelines and procedures in accordance with the KitLog and in collaboration with the Base Logistics Officer
- Lead and ensure regularly update and follow-up the procurement plan (PPP) specific to the activities under Action Against Hunger result in coordination with the project team and admin/log department at the baselevel.
- To lead the request, organization and arrangement of logistical requirements in project activities (e.g. transportation, movement, supplies and materials) including preparation of the weekly Travel request and consolidation of the monthly movement plan for the team.
- Support the Supply Chain Management specially that procurement plan is in place for projects in coordination with project team and Logistic department.
- Support the overall management and allocation and the use of the Equipment and fleet.
- Support the implementation, revisions and drawing protocols of the security management and business continuity plans.
- Coordinate and ensure regular security/incidents reports are shared by assigned security staff.
- Monitor, analyse security context in the area of responsibility and share with Logistic coordinator and Country Director.
- Ensure staff safety and security in line with Action Against Hunger’s safety and security protocol and policies and reports incidents to Logistic coordinator and Country Director.
Objective 6: Safety and security and emergency deployment
- Lead and ensure Standard Operating Protocol is respect and safety and security rules of Action Against Hunger is followed by all staff.
- Adhere to the Mission Security Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time.
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to Country Director and Logistics coordinator.
- Be available to be deployed in other bases/areas for emergency response in case of disasters in the Philippines.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Master’s degree in economics, Sociology, International Development, Political Science or International Relations
- Technical knowledge:
- Knowledge of project management including financial management tools, logistics and security management.
- Ability to write technical donor reports and proposals in English.
- Training and capacity building experience
- Good analytical skills and a good understanding of the problematic of conflict / crisis.
- Knowledge in partnerships development and alliances is desirable.
- Knowledge of donor’s landscape in the Philippines
- Strong Knowledge in Humanitarian/ cooperation/international relationship
- Strong skills in coordination, program management, mentoring, coaching and capacity building.
- Knowledge of donor (USAID/BHA) guidelines and procedures.
- Previous Experience:
- At least 5 years in a similar position
- Managed and supervised administration/finance, logistics, HR, programs and security staff; partners, and consortiums
- Dealt with high level authorities and representation
- Implemented Climate Changes Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction projects/programs
- Worked and managed teams and resources in insecure context with capacity to face a stressful situations
- Humanitarian sector knowledge:
- Additional experience in working with conflict and climate crisis affected population and communities in the Philippines.
- Experienced in UN-and-Government Led clusters. Having cluster leadership experience is desirable.
- Experience in representation, community’s development and participation, institutional development and setting up of partnerships with local partners
- Excellent English and Filipino speaking and writing skills required. Knowledge of local language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Office package (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)Frequent travel to project sites and the capital office (Manila)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality, safeguarding principle and PSEA
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based employment
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 24 May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action Against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.