- October 1, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Indignant at the injustice experienced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a united and inclusive world, where all differences enrich us and where everyone can live on their own.
The Handicap International network changes its name and becomes “Humanity & Inclusion”.
HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and bears witness, to meet their essential needs, to improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Present in more than 55 countries, HI implements activities in the service of vulnerable populations, refugee, displaced and disaster-stricken populations, victims of injuries and populations exposed to the danger of weapons, ammunition and explosive devices.
For more information, visit: www.hi.org
A 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti’s coast early Saturday, August 14, 2021, causing severe damage, injury and death. According to initial reports from the National Emergency Operations Center, the disaster has left at least 2,200 dead and 12,000 injured so far. With an epicenter located about 13 km from Petit Trou de Nippes, the most affected areas are the South, Nippes and Grande Anse regions of Haiti, where hundreds of homes, schools and hospitals have been found. damaged and destroyed.
The medical structures in the areas affected by the earthquake are facing a large influx of injured and were themselves affected by the earthquake, in a context where the health system already had structural limitations and was in addition weakened by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to physical and mental health needs, the priority humanitarian needs identified are access to drinking water, sanitation, hygiene, food assistance as well as shelter / non-food household items.
Physical access constraints are a major issue in this humanitarian crisis: the earthquake caused partial or total destruction of road infrastructure as well as obstructions and congestion in rural and urban areas. These access constraints have a double impact on the affected populations: on the one hand their access to basic services and infrastructure is no longer guaranteed and on the other hand humanitarian actors encounter great difficulties in delivering aid. emergency in the most isolated and affected areas.
Description: The Financial Manager is responsible for coordinating the financial teams, respecting
organizational standards and local rules in the financial field, strategy and financial management, and finally
operational financial management on its perimeter
Responsibility 1: Ensures financial and budgetary management
• Oversees the preparation of budgets and controls the optimization of the use of HI funds within its scope.
• Ensures the reliability and updating of financial information and coordinates the process of reporting and compiling financial information in accordance with the deadlines of the financial calendar.
• Produces the summary notes necessary for financial management and identifies the risks. Support budget managers in their financial management.
• Analyzes the financial elements of the partnership agreements and checks the accuracy and conformity of the accounting and documentation of the partner before payment.
Responsibility 2: Ensures the accounting management
• Is the privileged interlocutor on accounting questions.
• Ensures the reliability and updating of accounting information and coordinates the process of reporting and compiling accounting information in accordance with the deadlines of the financial calendar.
• Leads the development of all accounting treatments under its responsibility by ensuring compliance with the accounting reference framework (procedures, tools), their transcription into the accounting Information System (IS).
• Consolidates, controls and validates all account entries and closing documents (monthly and annual), in particular bank reconciliations, proof of third party accounts, monitoring of fixed assets.
• Ensures the fulfillment of requests for exemption from Value Added Tax (VAT) and controls the declarations sent to the authorities.
• Represent HI externally to the Statutory Auditors and / or authorities in charge of accounting and tax matters.
• Ensures the implementation and compliance with the archiving procedure for supporting documents, in particular by ensuring the quality of the supporting documents on paper and digital, and transmitting the supporting documents (paper and digital format) to their final storage places.
• Provides the supporting documents requested by the internal and external auditors.
Responsibility 3: Manages funding, in compliance with the standards “donors” and contractual obligations
• Driver developing funding proposals to donors and funding plans:
o Supervise and accompany the development of funding proposals and optimizes funding plans (coverage of structural and support costs), compiles and coordinates multi-program proposals when the program is lead.
o Examines, alerts, or even negotiates the conditions of financing contracts before they are signed (schedule and terms of payments and financial reports, methods of justifying expenditure, exchange rates, audits, etc.). Ensures that these obligations are realistic and compatible with HI procedures.
• Monitors the tracking of fundraising expenditures and provides them to budget managers. Ensures good consumption rates, alerts in the event of risk or non-compliance with flexibility rules and anticipates drifts by preparing contractual amendments with its contacts.
• Supervises and coordinates the production and quality of financial reports intended for donors by checking compliance with the donor benchmark.
• Ensures that donor payments or stimulus requests are made and that line and functional managers are informed in the event of a delay.
• Ensures the transcription into the Finance IS of information related to donor contracts: donor budgets, entry of analytical and budgetary changes, schedule, reports, etc.
• Coordinates responses to requests from internal and external auditors and guarantees the successful completion of audits , by defining corrective actions to be implemented.
Responsibility 4: Ensures the maintenance of the treasury
• Is the privileged interlocutor on matters of treasury.
• Instructs, formalizes and optimizes requests for funds in order to ensure the availability of cash in cash registers and bank accounts to meet the financial needs of the mission. Support project managers in defining their cash flow needs.
• Ensures the supply of boxes, contributes to bank reconciliation operations, carries out inventories of boxes / boxes for closings (monthly and annual).
• Provides documents relating to cash management, requested by internal and external auditors, and documents enabling it to meet banking compliance requirements within its scope.
• Evaluates and makes available means of payment adapted to the needs of the mission and guarantees compliance with payment rules according to the defined thresholds.
• Is responsible for the security and conservation procedure for funds, in particular the security thresholds, and proposes adaptations to the context if necessary.
• Ensures the fulfillment of requests to open or close a bank account on behalf of the organization according to operational needs as well as updating bank signatories.
• Identifies currency risks and implements measures to mitigate these risks.
• Master’s degree in finance or administration
• 5 years experience in a finance coordination position or equivalent in an international organization.
• Mastery of humanitarian principles and the humanitarian environment; the rules and procedures of the donors (BHA, MAE-LUX, ECHO etc.).
• Knowledge of the objectives and contents of transformation projects (simplification, change management, manager 2.0…).
• Fluency in French and English.
• Mastery of computer tools (including advanced Excel and Word level).
• Responsive, organized, rigorous
• Autonomous, involved
• Solution oriented
• Adaptable, excellent interpersonal skills
• Good stress management
• Experience working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
• Sense of anticipation
At HI, the starting conditions are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation: https://hi.org/fr/travailler-chez-hi
To find out about our integration and training course, and our mobility policy, click here: https://hi.org/fr/integration-developpement-des-competences-
2-month international contract (renewable), ideally starting October 10, 2021
The international contract provides social cover adapted to the needs of each individual
• Unemployment insurance levied only for EU nationals
• Retirement insurance adapted to the situation of our employees.
• Health coverage, repatriation, provident insurance supported by HI and by the employee
• Salary: from €
2,557 gross / month according to professional experience • Perdiem: € 784 net / month – paid in local currency in the field
• Premium of hardship: 250 € net / month
• Paid leave: 25 days per year; R&R: 5 days every 3 months
• Status: unaccompanied
• Accommodation: collective paid for by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package