- April 26, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Overview: The Health and Wellness Caseworker will serve all newly arriving refugees, as well as refugees who are within five years of arrival. The Health and Wellness Caseworker will report to the Casework Supervisor, collaborate with the other members of the Casework team and, as needed, supervise volunteers and interns.
· Schedule two required medical screenings for all newly arriving refugees within first 30 days of arrival.
· Schedule first primary care appointment for all new refugees to establish care.
· Assist clients in completing required immunizations within 1st year of arrival.
· Schedule follow up medical services appointments as needed.
· Help clients coordinate transportation to / from appointments.
· Track and report out on client attendance to appointments. Work to understand and overcome barriers to attending appointments.
· Complete SSI applications for elderly and permanently disabled refugees.
· Maintain separate confidential client medical files according to established standards.
· Timely completion of client records, documentation and case files according to IRC policies.
· Oversight of volunteers and interns in completion of delegated tasks.
· Track specialist referrals and assist in scheduling appointments.
· Manage and schedule interpreters for specialist appointments.
· Develop and maintain productive relationships with medical providers, community partners, and other social service agencies and advocate for the opportunity for refugees to have full, ongoing access to medical, mental health and mainstream providers.
· Ensure compliance with case file management and reporting requirements.
· Other duties as required.
• Related undergraduate degree, ideally in Social Work, pre-med or an equivalent field of study; or comparable work experience.
• Two to three years related professional work experience such as social worker; health navigator; etc.
• Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of the Boise health community preferred.
• Fluent in English, both written and oral; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relations with multiple stakeholders and care providers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); database experience a strong plus
• Experience / knowledge of how to successfully complete SSI applications is desired.
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
• Self- starter with excellent problem solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
• Must be flexible and able to work independently in a fast-paced, environment.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc.).
• Willingness to drive the IRC 15 passengers van.
· Must be based in the service delivery area.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined. May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with legally required insurance. Position will require using own transportation within service delivery area. Mileage reimbursement available.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:** In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:** IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:** We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: