- March 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Starting date : ASAP
Duration of mission : 3 months
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations affected by the conflict currently affecting the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Human Resources Manager ?
As Base Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for the management of national staff at base level through the implementation of the mission Internal Staff Regulation (ISR) and overall internal rules, guidelines and tools. You will support the Human Resources Coordinator in defining and implementing the roll out of the HR pack, ensure legal and administrative support to managers for all Human Resources related matters and actively participate in implementing training and development programs for national staff. You will also actively participate in scaling and recruiting the human resources needs at base level.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Human Resources Guidelines : You will participate in the update of the ISR and associated guidelines and tools, and will be responsible for its proper application at base level, while respecting the legal framework of the country of operation in this regard.
- Administrative and Career Management : You will be responsible for the administrative management of national teams at base level in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the HR Coordinator (recruitment, hiring, remuneration, follow-up, appraisals, training, dismissals…).
- Work Organization : You will make recommendations and participate in the rationalization and optimization of the Human Resources of the base.
- Risk Analysis : You will analyse risks in relation to HR questions, and issue alerts/recommendations, if necessary.
- Internal coordination : You will centralize and disseminate information within the base, in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, and will consolidate activities’ internal reporting in that regard.
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources or any related field.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGOs and/or private companies), and have an experience in administration position. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You show strong team management capacities and leadership spirit, good analytical and writing skills. All the better if you have knowledge in Labor Law, capacity building, recruitment and/or administrative management. You also show good knowledge of institutional donor (ECHO, UN Agencies, etc.) procedures and financial guidelines, of humanitarian actors and master reports and contracts writing.
- Qualities : You are able to work with rigor, diplomacy, to withstand pressure and show good communication skills. You have a capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a team, to work on your own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team, and to manage a varied workload thanks to your management and inter-personal skills. You can work in secluded and volatile contexts and live in a large community, have a cultural sensitivity and a great sense of confidentiality.
- Languages : You speak English : it is mandatory for your position. If you speak Ukrainian or Russian, it would be a definite asset !
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 815,00 – 2 145,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill the form on our career site.