- January 29, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
South East Asia Multi-Country Office (EAPMCO)
The South East Asia and Pacific Multi Country Office (EAPMCO) supports, develops, and oversees the UNOPS portfolio of projects in South East Asia and the Pacific. EAPMCO was established in January 2023 following the merger of the Thailand Multi-Country Office, which covered 20 countries across North East Asia, South East Asia, and the Pacific, and the Cambodia Multi-Country Office, which covered 4 countries in South East Asia — 3 countries in the Mekong Sub-region (Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam) and the Philippines. EAPMCO currently covers 24 countries across North East Asia, South East Asia and the Pacific. With its head office in Bangkok, the Multi-Country Office comprises nine business units: SEMCO Thailand, EAPMCO Indonesia, EAPMCO Pacific Operations Cluster, EAPMCO Papua New Guinea, EAPMCO China, EAPMCO Vietnam, EAPMCO Lao PDR, EAPMCO Philippines, and EAPMCO Cambodia.
In 2022, the UNOPS EAPMCO implemented projects worth more than USD 95.7 million, in the areas of Energy Transition, Digital Transformations, Sustainable Environmental Management, Climate Change, Waste Management, Rule of Law and Access to Justice, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), Post Conflict Reintegration, Emergency Relief, Post COVID-19 Economic Transformations, and Health, through HR, procurement, construction, contract management, fund and program management services.
The Multi-Country Office head office in Bangkok provides strategic direction, operational support, delivery oversight, and assurance of the excellence of business processes and quality standards across all of the Multi-Country Office locations. It is also responsible for developing, delivering and managing the portfolio of engagements in the country of the MCO location itself.
UNOPS in the Philippines
Established in 2016, UNOPS Philippines provides expert support to ensure sustainable project management, procurement, and infrastructure activities in projects. With funds from the European Union (EU), UNOPS supports the Supreme Court, the Department of Justice, and the Department of the Interior and Local Government under the Governance in Justice (GOJUST) Programme (GOJUST2) through procurement, logistics, and grants management to push forward the justice reform agenda of the Philippine government through innovations and interventions; as well as providing grants to civil society organizations to improve access to justice of marginalized groups. In Support to the Bangsamoro Transition (SUBATRA) Programme, UNOPS is working with the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) Government to strengthen the capacities of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches to ensure a smooth transition, also with funds from the EU. In the health sector, UNOPS works with the DOH / ADB in the HEAL project (Health System Enhancement to Address and Limit COVID-19) and in the Philippine Multisectoral Nutrition Project (PMNP) which stands as a dedicated eﬀort to enhance the utilization of nutrition-speciﬁc and nutrition-sensitive interventions, aiming to ameliorate key health behaviours and ultimately reduce stunting in speciﬁc regions of the country.
UNOPS Philippines is in the process of expanding its area of engagement in cooperation with its development partners, focusing mainly on a portfolio of projects and programs in the infrastructure, logistics management, procurement in health, rule of law, and governance sectors.
Background Information – Projects
In terms of ICT activities and outputs, UNOPS supports the PMNP and SUBATRA programme as outlined below.
- Support DOH in the areas of project management, coordination, supervision, environmental and social safeguards, and fiduciary aspects including procurement and contracts management, financial management, communication, and monitoring and evaluation through the activity “End to end procurement and delivery of information and communication technology equipment for the National and Regional Project Management Offices (PMOs).”
- Procure and supervise the services of a contractor for the “Philippine Health Information Exchange Consultancy and Infrastructure Development and Implementation for Harmonized Multisectoral Information Systems (HMIS) for PMNP in the 235 Municipalities in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao” under the deliverable “Strengthening targeted information systems and development of a benchmark assessment of IP and ethnicity data and information systems across participating institutions aimed at improving tracking performance of indigenous people”.
- Develop the ICT Master Plan / Information Systems Strategic Plan for the Office of the Chief Minister (OCM).
- Support and manage the implementation of information systems for the OCM and other ministries, office and agencies of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).
- Development of ICT policies for BARMM’s public service in line with the requirements of the Bangsamoro ICT Office (BICTO).
- General advice and support for the BARMM Transition Authority (BTA) with regard to ICT.
Under the direct supervision of the ICT Specialist, the ICT Senior Analyst is responsible for the efficient and effective implementation and support of the ICT-related activities identified in the PMNP agreement between the DOH and UNOPS, and support the ICT activities of the SUBATRA programme.
1. Preparation & Procurement
- Perform business / system analysis through gathering and documenting business, stakeholder, solution and transition requirements, and identify key system needs.
- Assess client needs utilising a structured requirements process (gathering, analysing, documenting, and managing changes).
- Document, analyse and, if required, reengineer business processes, workflows
- Conduct data / information analyses, including information classification as per ISO 27002:2022.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into functional (e.g., technical and security) and non-functional specifications (e.g., performance and availability).
- Create solution and system designs that meet stakeholder requirements, taking into account project constraints and technical feasibility.
- Prepare documentation such as business and system analysis outputs, designs and plans, and specifications for information systems and ICT infrastructure solutions.
- Translate requirements, designs, plans, and specifications into terms of references and other bid documents.
- Support the bidding process, such as conducting technical evaluations.
2. Realization & Close
- Conduct project management tasks, including the contract management of the implementation of information systems and ICT infrastructures performed by suppliers.
- Assist with managing data cleansing, transformation, enrichment, and migration initiatives.
- Supervise and contribute quality assurance activities including system, integration, and acceptance testing, as well as other related tasks to ensure that the information systems are reliable, secure, and user-friendly.
- Supervise and support change management and user training undertakings.
- Prepare documentation related to contract and implementation control and management.
- Conduct and support the closure of the PMNP’s and SUBATRA’s ICT components, including handover of the solutions to the stakeholders and finalisation of documentation and data repositories.
- Update project plans, draft progress and other ICT-related reports and documentation.
- Complete time-bound deliverables as identified in the PMNP and SUBATRA work plans.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the identified outputs of the PMNP, the SUBATRA programme and the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Master’s degree in Business Analysis, System Analysis, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related disciplines; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in the above disciplines and in combination with additional two (2) years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
Certification (The below certifications are highly desirable):
- Certification in Business Analysis (e.g., aligned to BABOK principles).
- Project management certification (e.g., PRINCE2).
- Google Workspace certification.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in ICT business analysis, systems analysis, and needs analysis is required.
- At least two (2) years of experience in preparation, including solution architecture, realisation, and deployment of complex information systems is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in project management is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementation of health information systems (specifically targeted towards monitoring and evaluation, as well as nutrition information management) and/or electronic document management systems is highly desired.
- Experience with ICT infrastructure design and implementation (i.e., networks, servers and storage, workstations, and peripherals) is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of cloud solutions to support deployment of information systems is desired.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and productivity tools related to the terms of references described herein is required.
- Good working knowledge and skills on the Google Workspace (i.e., Google meet, docs, sheets, slides, calendar, emails, forms, drive) is an added advantage.
- Fluent in English (read, write and speak) is essential.
- Fluency in Tagalog (speak) would be an advantage.
- Contract type: Local Individual Contract (LICA-9)
- Contract level: ICS-9/LICA-9
- Contract duration: Short-term ICA – up to 100 working days until 31 December 2024
- Duty Station: Manila, Philippines. Manila is a family duty station
- The selection of the candidate will be done through a desk review process.
- The selected candidate shall perform in this role as a Retainer
- The position is open for application only for Philippines nationals and those who hold valid permission to work in the country.
- Please note that UNOPS does not accept unsolicited resumes.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity. Our workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities. UNOPS seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce.
- Qualified women and candidates from groups which are underrepresented in the UNOPS workforce are encouraged to apply. These include in particular candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities.
- We would like to ensure all candidates perform at their best during the assessment process. If you are shortlisted and require additional assistance to complete any assessment, including reasonable accommodation, please inform our human resources team when you receive an invitation.
Terms and Conditions
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (they take around 4 hours to complete) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS. For more information on a retainer contract here.
- All UNOPS personnel are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with the UN Charter and UNOPS Policies and Instructions, as well as other relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, all personnel must demonstrate an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a manner consistent with UN core values and the UN Common Agenda.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential personnel. Recruitment in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
How to apply
Click this link to apply