- June 29, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Application deadline: 10 July 2022
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Contract level: G5
- * Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
- * THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE SPANISH OR EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS OR APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS A VALID RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMIT IN SPAIN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION*
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Pogramme Manager or designated personnel, the ICT Senior Assistant will operationally work within the Budget and Cost Recovery Team, under the overall supervision of the Senior Information Systems Officer, ICT Cost Recovery & Coordination Services, and is responsible for the following duties:
- Administrative Support
- Communication Support
- Performance Management Support
1. Administrative Support
- Provide general administrative support, maintain and update files/records on behalf of the Programme Manager
- Assistance in the billing and invoicing processes and economic/budget monitoring and control of ICT projects
- Assist with the coordination of meetings and participate in the service management awareness program;
2. Communication Support
- Draft routine correspondence, reports and other documents; research and compile background materials for reports, briefings, etc.
- Assist in developing communication plan with service and process managers;
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of internal and external communication materials;
- Ensure effective coordination within different offices of the UNHQ, UNLB, UNGSC, UNRSC and field missions in order to maximize possibilities of collaboration related to the project;
3. Performance Management Support
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing data gathered from the different UNGSC service management systems in order to capture an actual service achievement;
- Identify any trends and update process and service owners about any opportunities for service improvement;
- Review reports to check measurement against predefined KPIs;
- Manage continuous service improvement register and present any recommendations to service and process owners;
4. Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results The result of work of the ICT Senior Assistant is to ensure effective support to UNGSC/ SGITT staff and users through ICT Cost Recovery & Coordination Services section.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- First level degree (Bachelor’s degree) may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional and administrative experience in an international/multi-cultural organization in the field of ICT, finance, human resources, or other related fields;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Advanced/Expert skills in use of Excel.
- Experience with use of Microsoft Power BI;
- Experience in writing of various communications materials and related documents;
- Several years experience in service management and project support;
- Good understanding of ITIL processes.
- Fluency in English (speak, write, read) is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish or another official United Nations language is an advantage
How to apply
The interested candidates need to submit their application on or before 10 July 2022 through our job portal following link below. Please find more information on how to apply on our UNOPS Jobs portal, here. Find here more details about Staff contract modality.
- ICT Senior Assistant