- August 2, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Under the direct supervision of the Import-Export Manager, the Import-Export Officer is responsible for ensuring that all imported, exported and in-transit goods are moved according to sound practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports.
- Receives and expedites freight out of the country or region of assignment in collaboration with external commercial partners.
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight-forwarders, etc.) and submits them to supervisors and/or department staff.
- Reports problems and irregularities in import-export activities; reports security issues.
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are communicated and applied
- Liaise with the concerned authorities on issues related to all types of Imports and export permission needed for the ICRC operations.
- Compare received goods with the enclosed documentation, arrange and execute customs clearance and transit/on forwarding of all different types of goods.
- Compiles of all relevant export custom documentation for custom clearance procedure
- Monitors forwarding of all assistance items, pouch, personal effects to destination
- Enters all required data into the Import and Export data base to ensure a professional follow up.
- Checks and processes invoice from clearing agents and transporter, provide all supporting documents and submit for signatures and payments.
- Organizes and monitors correct establishment, usage, dispatch, and filling of all transport related documents (waybills. Air waybills, bills of lading, customs-related documents, etc).
- Establishes weekly progress reports on status of shipments.
- Process with the concerned organizations/authorities about vehicles importation, registration, and exportation.
- Arranges in coordination with the Vehicle Fleet Manager of the annual vehicle checkup and temporary importation procedures.
- Submits necessary correspondence and documentation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the donation of vehicles
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- Relevant University Degree
- 3years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven knowledge of customs and import-export procedures
- Relevant import-export certification or experience in clearing and forwarding is an asset
Desired profile and Skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word, and logistics software
How to apply
- Click on the link or scan the QR code below to access the application page;Application Link
- Send Curriculum vitae, and Certificates to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202300391 Import-Export Officer ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject and do not use the online Ms Form will not be taken into consideration)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 07.08.2023, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process