- February 9, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Title: Information management officer
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
World Vision’s Syria Response, managed from Jordan, oversees programming for conflict-affected Syrian children and their families inside Syria and throughout Jordan and Turkey.The Information Management Officer (IMO) support the IM function across all three-country programs, ensuring a functional, harmonised and cutting-edge information management system that meets the requirements of the Syria Response office and the broader WV partnership and donors.
The IMO is responsible for developing robust and secure systems to capture, process, disseminate and archive programmatic data, ensuring program information supports evidence generation, donor engagement, and effective project, program, and strategic decision-making. The IMO does this through developing data flow maps, dashboards (in PowerBI), mapping, data collection, cleaning, and analysis tools. The role is situated in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) team and coordinates across WV’s Syria Response and with our local partners to ensure standards on data security and beneficiary data rights are met. Therefore, managing all operational, contextual, and key data is a vital office function, requiring systems thinking, diligence, and analytical skills.
- Support the IMC to ensure the efficient and optimal management of the WV Syria Response information and data flows through an appropriate, coherent, and high-performance management system
- Support the Information management coordinator in Information management activities planning in coordination with partners.
- Support the IMC in the WVSR data visualisation process – by contributing the WVSR dashboard development, improvement, and modification of reports through Power Bi and relevant systems.
- In consultation with IMC, manage information management-related projects such as PowerBI data models, Commcare, and LLMs.
- Manage the creation of LMMS tools and reports for WVSR cash projects.
- Support the IMC in the change management processes of the WVSR dashboards- based on the different stakeholders’ feedback to streamline the IM processes.
- Consult LMMS system users or stakeholders to ascertain needs and to ensure that systems and reports meet user or project requirements
- Test and modify WVSR-data collection tools to ensure that they operate reliably and are user-friendly
- Ensure Reports and dashboards are aligned with the WVSR strategy (FY21-23).
- Support in the temporary upkeep of existing Excel, KOBO and Commcare tools being used.
- Responsible for pulling submissions from various data sources (KoBo, Box, Etc.) and maintaining central databases of all programmatic data.
In some cases, extraction of valuable data points from narratives is required.
Capacity Building and Learning
- Work closely with the MEAL staff to ensure they have all the required information, material, and resources for their day-to-day work.
- In collaboration with the IMC Initiate capacity-building assessments and subsequent plans, develops training resources to build the skills of the wider WV team and local partners in the IM field to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met
Data Management and reporting
- Ensuring that the information collection and management systems used by partners and project, programme, and MEAL teams are integrated and consistent
- Designing digital tools for entering, compiling, and analysing data using appropriate software and platforms, and configuring data processing software as required
- Design survey forms on mobile terminals and manage related platforms
- Manages LMMS tools (for example, registrations and distribution tools)
- Coordinating data entry and updates to tables, databases and software (with any IM operators, M&E staff, and project/programme team members involved in entering data)
- Trains field teams so they can use the tools developed and advises programme and MEAL teams on data processing and analysis activities
- Lead on the routine data quality Assessments, and report any data quality issues to the MEAL Manager and Information Management Coordinators.
- Support the IMC in WV global centre data reporting requirements, including GHR, Board updates, and Sitrep, ensuring data is submitted on time.
- Analyze program data in order to produce comprehensive indicators for review by managers.
- Format incoming data into required formats for WVSR regular reporting and dashboards.
- Support in the creation of and providing ad-hoc tables and analytical graphs to meet program needs in consultation with the IM coordinator
Data protection and ethical use of data
- Ensure the collected and shared data are aligned with WV data protection and ethical policy
- Understands and applies security policies, Child Safeguarding, and fraud prevention policies.
- Manages the security and archiving of all programmatic data generated by the projects, MEAL, programs, and the other technical units.
Support in managing relationships with external factors involved in IM (data sharing protocols, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of information management in a humanitarian context.
- Proven experience in establishing a fully functional IM system for international NGOs
- Experience in designing and managing tools for entering, compiling, and pre-analysing quantitative and qualitative data, and an understanding of database issues
- Thorough knowledge of xls file management and coding.
- Knowledge of data protection best practice and ethical use of data
- Experienced with LMMS, Commcare and PowerBI platforms
- Experienced in remote context
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Data Analysis, Information Management, or any other relevant field of study
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous working experience in Turkiye and Turkish NGOs can be an advantage.
- Previous engagement with the Syria Crisis response in Turkey, Syria, and Jordan can be an advantage.
- Good understanding of database management and data structures
- Experience working with supporting local partners on IM-related issues preferred
- Experience with PowerBI, Commcare and Smap/ ODK preferred
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Frequent travel is not expected for this role
- Fluency in Turkish and English (spoken and written) is required