- April 19, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The International Committee of the Red Cross advises and supports the authorities of Mexico and the Central American Region in the development and implementation of Forensic Information Management Systems to facilitate the processes of searching for missing persons and the identification of corpses. In Mexico, the ICRC works with the authorities, following up on the ICRC computer tool for forensic information management AMPM (Ante Mortem- Post Mortem) and supporting the implementation process of the new “Resolve” platform, as well as the migration data and support and technical advice.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS)
The Information Management Systems Support Engineer…
Be part of a global English-speaking technical team working on the development and
implementation of the Resolve platform.
· Provides advice and guidance to the Regional Forensic Information Management Advisor and supports the Regional Delegation Missions, located in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua, in the platform implementation process.
· Under the Regional Forensic Information Management Advisory Coordination and the strategic orientation of the global technical team, it works hand in hand with the global technical team to manage the ICRC software, AMPM Database and the Resolve platform, as well as the associated treatments ( deployment process and migration toolbox -from BD AMPM to Resolve Platform) in line with ICRC recommendations and requirements
· Prepares the relevant documentation on technical procedures according to local needs.
· Manages all technical configuration in the Resolve platform for a deployment (settings, development of custom reports, data dashboards, etc.)
· Contribute to and participate in training activities on the use of deployed software.
· Develops plans for the integration of ICRC software, including documentation and technical material to facilitate its use by internal and external users.
· Analyzes and proposes corrections for software tools (applications, scripts) to improve or adapt ICRC programs to the needs and challenges of external partners.
· Acts as a technical focal point to support the Regional Forensic Information Management Advisor, test and development teams and external interlocutors for investigation on any technical aspect related to the deployed software.**
Specific studies and areas of knowledge
· Demonstrated fluent communication skills in English and Spanish, oral and written – additional languages will be valued.
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2019 and Reporting Services configuration
· Experience in Microsoft solutions (MS Dynamic CRM on-premise a plus)
Experience in handling SQL/SSIS queries
Knowledge of troubleshooting in high availability environments
· Knowledge of technical components (network, active directory) will be valued
· Demonstrated autonomy, dynamic spirit, ability to take initiatives.
· Experience in dealing with clients and high-level authorities with the ability to negotiate, raise awareness and mobilize
· Commitment to the highest scientific and ethical standards.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience and ability to work constructively in a team under considerable pressure.
· Desirable at least 5 years of experience in IT.
· Willingness to travel regularly in the Americas region.
We offer: Competitive salary, benefits above the law, opportunity to contribute to an international humanitarian organization.
Workplace: Based in Mexico City.
how to apply
Interested parties who meet the requirements, send your CV and explanatory letter in the same document, the name of the attached file must follow the following format: (Surname_Name).
In the subject of the message, refer to the code MEX_INGENIERO ICT_2022
Send via email to: mex_ReclutamientoMailbox@icrc.org
Deadline to receive applications 24:00 Monday, May 2, 2022
Please include your gross economic claim within your CV and minimum term to be available
Foreign candidates must have a work permit in Mexico