- November 22, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 26 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC helps refugees resettle and become self-sufficient. Our programs are designed to ensure refugees thrive in America–whether ensuring children are enrolled in school, adults become self-reliant through employment or starting businesses, or families receive acute medical care they need to recover from trauma or illness. The IRC helps those in need to rebuild their lives and regain control of their future in their new home community.
The Intake and Casework Manager oversees the development, implementation, and completion of grants, contracts and activities related to intake and services for select newly arriving refugees and qualifying immigrants seeking assistance at IRC New Jersey. The primary population served includes Cuban and Haitian entrants, Ukrainian humanitarian parolees, older adults, and other qualifying immigrants as per Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) guidelines. They lead a team of staff, manage overall quality assurance efforts and reporting, and develop effective working relationships with community partners.
- Effectively manage the development, implementation, compliance, and completion of all service grants and contracts, including Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) and adjustment services/case management for Refugee Support Services (RSS).
- Manage program budgets and expenses to ensure costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
- Accountable for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of services and programmatic data to donors and relevant parties.
- Cultivate partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including partner agencies and service providers.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues to support seamless delivery of services to clients utilizing a client-centered service model.
- Report regularly to leadership on activities, results, and potential areas of concern.
Leadership and Supervision of Newcomer Services Team:
- Manage a team in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards. Train and coach staff in all aspects of programs responsibilities.
- Develop, implement, and train others in internal program policies and procedures.
- Represent the team in conferences, working groups and other contexts.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for monthly newsletters, program reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in social work or related field of study. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a team of direct service providers strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize duties and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle preferred.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
**Compensation:**Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.