- May 5, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Overview: The Inventory Specialist is responsible for collecting, tracking, and disbursing in-kind resources to refugee and immigrant populations resettled by the IRC and other eligible clients. They maintain storage space, support procurement efforts, and satisfy recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Manage the on- and offsite storage of household goods and personal effects intended for distribution to IRC clients. Label, organize, and track items, and ensure storage facilities are well-secured, clean, and properly maintained. Carry out physical inventory counts as needed, recording timely and accurate data within IRC’s data management systems.
- Coordinate the daily operations of donation storage areas by stocking and supporting the distribution of in-kind goods in an organized manner. Observe correct stacking and turnover by implementing (FIFO or FEFO) procedures. Collaborate with colleagues and members of the community to safely load, unload, and disburse goods in strict accordance with IRC and donor requirements.
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping to account for and track incoming and outgoing inventory by preparing forms and maintaining thorough records within IRC’s data management systems. Provide accurate and up-to-date digital and physical inventory records for regular reporting purposes.
- Support procurement efforts by coordinating with vendors, managing supply lists, and tracking and communicating market prices. Inform management team of inventory-related needs.
- Use personal, insured vehicle, IRC vehicle, and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree business administration, supply chain management, or similar field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of related professional experience; preferably in a not-for-profit or other social services environment.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Ability to lift 35+ lbs. safely.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: