- February 9, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Junior Business Application Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Salesforce Administrator
Duration: Contract (One Year) Renewable
Location: Head Office – Nairobi
BOMA is working to lift 3 million people out of extreme poverty by 2027. BOMA’s mission is to provide the people and governments of Africa’s drylands with economic inclusion programs that increase resilience to multiple crises. Founded 15 years ago to eliminate extreme poverty among pastoralist women in Kenya, BOMA has since transformed the lives of more than 350,000 women, youth and refugees in East Africa. BOMA stands out for its focus on last mile populations of the drylands of Africa, who are most at risk to shocks from climate change and COVID-19, tech savvy and data driven approach, impressive graduation rate and 99% local structure based in Africa.
Find out more about BOMA by visiting their website
The BOMA Team is growing. We are looking for a Junior Business Application Administrator to support our programs and technical advisory partnership in the Arid lands of Africa.
The Junior Business Application Administrator will play a vital role in our Information Technology team, analysing business needs, developing solutions and first-level support and training for staff and partners on our existing systems including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and related systems. Working closely with colleagues across the organization, you’ll help identify, new system development, and deploy new processes and workflows that streamline operations and directly impact our mission as an organization.
User experience is paramount, so you’ll prioritize all aspects of user management, including providing end-user support, delivering training, documenting customizations, and support in designing solutions that deliver user satisfaction. With your understanding of the Microsoft and Salesforce based applications and eagerness to learn, you’ll become an integral part of our team, collaborating closely with colleagues and partners to boost user adoption and eliminate knowledge barriers.
While prior Salesforce and Microsoft Application experience is preferred, we welcome candidates with general developer experience who are eager to learn and grow within our organization.
This role offers a dynamic and supportive environment where you can make a real difference and continuously expand your Salesforce expertise.
- Assist in the customization, configuration, and development of business solutions on both Microsoft and Salesforce platforms to meet the organization’s needs.
- Work closely with team members and stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into technical solutions within our application platforms.
- Maintain Salesforce and Microsoft specific applications, custom objects, workflows, triggers, and Visualforce pages.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new application features and enhancements.
3.2 Technical Support:
- Provide first-level application support for users, addressing inquiries, troubleshooting issues, and resolving technical problems in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the IT team members to troubleshoot and resolve integration issues between the various systems in our estate.
- Document support processes, solutions, and resolutions for future reference.
3.3 User Training and Adoption:
- Assist in developing training materials and resources to support Salesforce user adoption and proficiency.
- Conduct training sessions for end-users to ensure effective utilization of our system features and functionalities.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to users to encourage adoption and maximize the benefits of Salesforce.
3.4 Quality Assurance and Testing:
- Conduct testing of applications and configurations to ensure quality, performance, and compliance with organizational standards.
- Identify and report bugs, errors, or areas for improvement in applications and workflows.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address feedback and implement necessary changes.
3.5 Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
- Maintain accurate documentation of application configurations, customizations, and processes.
- Document best practices, guidelines, and standards for application development and administration.
- Share knowledge and expertise with team members to foster a culture of learning and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with both Microsoft and Salesforce administration, configuration, and customization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Commitment to the mission and values of BOMA.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and environments.
- At least Two (2) years of experience
How to apply
This is a full-time position with BOMA Project based in Nairobi.
Interested and suitable qualified candidates to submit their application, through BOMA’s recruitment portal on FlairHR using this link Junior Business Application Administrator – BOMA Career Portal (flair.hr)
Applications must be received by 20th February 2024. Late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for expressing interest in the role, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.