- July 18, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
THE ASIA FOUNDATION PHILIPPINES
TITLE: LMS Specialist (Consultant)
UNIT: Law and Human Rights
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Initiative for Advancing Community Transformation (“I-ACT”) project is a 5-year project implemented by The Asia Foundation (“the Foundation”) with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). I-ACT aims to promote positive changes in public attitudes and engagement towards human rights and the rule of law by pioneering and mainstreaming Social and Behavior Change (SBC) as an approach to promote human rights.
To achieve scale and sustain impact, I-ACT aims to mainstream SBC by supporting human rights coalitions, organizations, and communication workers in learning, adopting, and applying SBC in their advocacies. I-ACT will do this through (1) a comprehensive and multi-modal training program on Social and Behavior Change (SBC), and (2) subgrants and subcontracts for the promotion of public support for civil and political rights.
The primary responsibility of the Training Specialist is to support I-ACT as the primary system administrator for the LMS, specifically in its review and revision.
Terms of Engagement:
- The consultancy will be for a period of 6 months, subject to extension, commencing on July 2022 on a part-time basis and work-from-home arrangement
- Extensive interaction with the Chief of Party, the Social Behavior Change Advisor, and team members of the I-ACT Project.
- Extensive interaction with the Foundation’s Training Specialist Consultant, subject matter experts, and training participants.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (i.e., ICT, education, etc.)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills both in English and Filipino;
- Excellent computer programming skills;
- Extensive knowledge of ICT architecture and system processes;
- Minimum of 3 years of training or experience in developing and administering LMS;
- The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience working with the Foundation;
- Knowledge of the Philippine non-government organization (NGO) community and government agencies in human rights and child protection sectors; and
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor agency requirements and regulations;
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information and compliance with policies on responsible use of data; and
- Must be able to work independently and must have strong attention to detail.
Specific Job Functions
The LMS Specialist,under the supervision of the Chief of Party, will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the redesigning and revision of the existing LMS, specifically to:
- Review the LMS (including all LMS assets, web scripts, etc.) and provide technical feedback to improve user experience;
- In collaboration with I-ACT’s Training Specialist and in-house graphics artist, implement and upload design and content revisions, including packaging interactive content using applicable formats (e.g., H5P) into LMS-ready materials as needed;
- Design, develop, format, implement, deliver, and maintain learning resources used for instructional functions on the LMS
- Support operations in LMS, including account provisioning and access, and use permission;
- Develop and/or install all system programs, updates, integrated tools, and other software associated with the LMS;
- Configure the LMS to support online, hybrid, and blended training sessions;
- Administer the day-to-day use of the LMS and provide troubleshooting solutions as needed;
- Ensure system functionality, administration, and simplicity of end-user interface;
- Adaptively manage the LMS according to new learning techniques, procedures, and new project developments; and
- Provide on-call technical support to the I-ACT project team during the development and afer deployment of the LMS.
- Perform other functions related to the foregoing responsibilities as may be directed by the Deputy Chief of Party.
How to apply
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested applicants should send in their The Asia Foundation Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/TAFAppForm2022), EBD Form (https://tinyurl.com/EBDForm), and sample portfolio (if any) to consultancyPH@asiafoundation.org on or before 4 PM on 31 July 2022.
#remote #nowhiring #WorkingWithTAFPH #WorkingWithTheAsiaFoundationPH