- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Overview: IRC’s immigration legal team provides services to more than 14,000 individuals in 23 sites throughout the U.S. each year, providing accessible and critical legal representation and advice to immigrants and their families in order to acquire the highest level of immigration status available, keep families together, access their full rights, and successfully integrate in the U.S. IRC is a lead agency responding to the Afghan evacuation and is serving thousands of Afghan parolees across the country. The Administrative Specialist will support the immigration legal services program in offices in Richmond and Charlottesville. This position will focus on ensuring Afghan parolees and other clients have accurate documentation on file to support immigration applications submitted to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter client data into immigration software. Note missing information and relay to the lead on the client’s matter. Ensure USCIS petitions are completed accurately and timely.
- Assist in assembling required forms and supporting documents for USCIS petitions.
- Provide legal case management services to clients, including notifying clients of case status, responding to inquiries, and processing USCIS and Department of State correspondence and following up as appropriate.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality and observe all other ethical practices/obligations as outlined in IRC’s Immigration Program Policies Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years of related professional experience in an office environment; experience with immigration legal or social services preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment with Limited English Proficient populations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. This includes adhering to established procedures, as well as taking independent initiative within established parameters.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and use Microsoft Office applications, and LollyLaw, immigration software system.
- Communicate with mastery in written and spoken English.
Standard office environment.
May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.