- August 18, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Local Research Coordinator and Logistician, USAID/RDMA Thailand Deep South Evaluation
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact has been hired to conduct a participatory ex-post evaluation of its conflict mitigation and governance programming in Thailand’s Deep South to assess USAID/RDMA’s past interventions and craft joint recommendations for future interventions. This evaluation will inform a wide variety of stakeholders, including activity partners, beneficiaries, USAID/RDMA, USAID Washington, US Embassy in Thailand, Congress, and the broader peace and governance community. The evaluation will cover all interventions provided to civil society organizations (CSOs) and RTG agencies in the form of grants, subcontracts, and technical assistance through USAID/RDMA activities in Thailand’s Deep South from 2010 to present.
Social Impact is seeking a Local Research Coordinator and Logistician who will provide data collection and logistics services for this evaluation. The Local Coordinator will participate in data collection by providing a) scheduling support and b) interviewing and notetaking under the supervision of the Local Expert in the provinces. The Local Coordinator will also be responsible for arranging multiple workshops, including contacting participants, procuring and handling setup for venues, and managing the use of audio-visual and other technology platforms.
The estimated period of performance is August 2023 through March 2024.
Please submit your CV in English for best consideration of your candidacy. CVs must not exceed a maximum of 10 pages.
*Please note, this position is based in Thailand and will require travel throughout Thailand as needed.*
- Conducting outreach to various stakeholders to schedule meetings and interviews.
- Updating the data collection schedule/fieldwork plan as appropriate and providing updates to the team in real time.
- Confirming transportation and hotel accommodations for team members for data collection and workshops outside of Bangkok (in Hat Yai and surrounding area).
- Confirming venues and necessary equipment/supplies for two workshops.
- Serving as notetaker during data collection, as needed.
- Work closely with SI HQ and Evaluation Team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Abide by SI standards of ethics and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years relevant experience, OR Master’s degree and 2 years relevant experience
- Fluency in both Thai and English.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English and Thai.
- Background in data collection and logistics for research studies and evaluations for international development programming.
- At least three to five years of experience working for international development organizations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high-quality standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Thailand for data collection.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
To apply, please click the link here.