- February 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Local Technical Advisor for the USAID-funded, Networks for Peace Activity which aims to strengthen initiatives in Asia that promote regional security and amplify moderate voices of peace and tolerance. The Activity (i) convenes stakeholders; (ii) builds the capacity of moderate leaders, civil society groups, media, and local organizations to address drivers of conflict and violent extremism; and (iii) promotes tolerance and inclusion across the societal divisions. This regional Activity also supports and complements bilateral civil society and conflict mitigation programs at the country level.
The primary job location is based in Bangkok Thailand, but exceptional applicants from Myanmar and Sri Lanka will be considered with additional travel requirements
Position Summary: The Local Technical Advisor will provide technical and management support to two fundamental program areas. The primary technical focus will be Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and will require hands-on technical support to Networks for Peace staff and partners to ensure gender- and socially-inclusive implementation of peacebuilding programs, including inter- and intra-faith dialogue. In coordination with the Headquarter-based (HQ) GESI Advisor, s/he will oversee ongoing activities of the Gender and Inclusive Development Action Plan (GIDAP). As the primary field-based representative of Networks for Peace’s GESI programming s/he will have management responsibility over the current GESI consultants, their programming support, and the evaluation of their efforts in consultation with the Senior Technical Officer. In addition, the Technical Advisor will work directly with the Grants Manager and three Country Coordinators (CC) to ensure the technical design of the grants meets FHI360 and USAID requirements and to assist in overseeing the grant implementation and operation.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support implementation and alignment of GESI activities with FHI 360’s GESI Framework 2.0, safeguarding policies, and Disability Inclusion toolkit
- Provide quality assurance and support staff and partner utilization of tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and socially-inclusive implementation
- Train staff and partners on and co-create systems to implement USAID and FHI 360’s Safeguarding policies, including Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) of Program Participants, and anti-trafficking of humans
- Serve as Safeguarding Focal Point for Networks for Peace
- Support GESI in procurements
- Support GESI consultants’ work with grantees and provide technical guidance;
- Facilitate coordination between the CCs, grantees, and the consultants for GESI-related capacity building;
- Provide monitoring and support to consultants;
- Serve on evaluation committee for procurements
- Facilitate and/or provide quality assurance on the utilization of tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and socially-inclusive programming
- Facilitate Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) activities related to GESI;
- Provide technical support to Country Coordinators and partners on implementation of relevant tools.
- Support capacity strengthening for staff and partners
- Responsible for coordinating with Country Coordinators to include GESI topics and GIDAP implementation in grant operation;
- Provide in-person or remote trainings and coaching on GESI topics for partners;
- Facilitate training and provide support to partners on GESI analysis and action-planning
- Provide training or provide quality assurance on consultant implementation of gender analysis training for partners;
- Facilitate action-planning workshops with partners;
- Support partners to develop and implement action plans;
- Facilitating GESI related grant implementation and management.
- Lead GESI technical integration across project activities
- Provide updates to the team on relevant GESI literature, tools, learning and exchange opportunities
- Provide updates to the team and support GESI-related information or issues that may require outreach to partners or changes in programming
- Support the COP in organizing communication and award submission to USAID, including the coordinating responses to technical questions or other editing requirements;
- Support the COP in maintaining project implementation timelines and schedules;
- Assist the COP and Country Coordinator in identifying partner activities, lessons learned, and other outreach opportunities to share with USAID.
- Support coordination and management of grants by Grant Manager, Country Coordinators, and others, including:
- Help ensure that technical design, including editing, meets FHI 360 and USAID requirements for grantees;
- Conduct regular check-ins with Country Coordinators to identify technical support needs and help maintain grant timelines.
Applied Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong familiarity with context and key actors in context of ethnoreligious nationalist extremism in South/Southeast Asia region;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English, in addition to either Burmese, Sinhala, or Thai;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and management skills;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Knowledge of USAID’s Women, Peace, and Security agenda is preferred; and
- 8+ years demonstrated experience promoting GESI and peacebuilding on Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and/or Thailand, preferably including providing advisory and technical support to CSOs;
- At least five (5) years proven management experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, of international development projects;
- Three (3) or more years working on civil society capacity building projects;
- Experience working with religious communities on inter- and intra-faith dialogue preferred;
- Experience working with diverse peacebuilding actors;
- Experience in grant development and management; and
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
Travel requirements: 10-25%
How to apply
Please apply through FHI 360/Careers via the link provided below.