- August 23, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Starting date: ASAP
Fixed Term Contrat / 6 months
PUI all around the world:
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine:
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations affected by the current conflict in the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Logistician Manager – Dnipro ?
As Logistician, you will ensure the efficient management of your logistics at base level. Your role will be to organize an efficient support logistics and a comprehensive supply chain that includes the last kilometer. You will contribute to the implementation of good practices, tools and procedures to carry out activities properly.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Supply Chain: You will actively contribute to the coordination and implementation of the supply chain strategy for your base. You will ensure that the administrative and operational components of the supply chain are in place and functional at your own level. You will guarantee that PUI’s related procedures, policies and tools linked with purchases, transport and storages are in place and are respected. You will make sure that relevant links are woven with the coordination so as to avoid delays, loss, gaps in the HQ – coordination – field supply chain.
- Support logistics management: You will ensure that all teams have the means, resources and tools they need to carry out their activities. You will actively contribute to the dimensioning of your base in terms of facilities (working and living spaces), materials, equipment, services allowing a well functioning on your base.
- Security: You will have to ensure that at your own level the necessary means and frameworks are existing so as to implement the security rules related to communications, movements and facility management.
- Team management: You will be responsible for the tailoring of your team, and the validation of their job description. You will be responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with related HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance appraisal.
- Functioning of the bases: You will support all teams in the framework of redeployment / installation / rehabilitation / closure of your base.
- Coordination: You will centralize and disseminate logistics information at the base level. You will consolidate the internal reporting and will communicate it in time to the coordination team.
- Representation: You will represent the organization in forums, amongst partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the logistics fields.
The challenges that await you :
Ensure a smooth collaboration with the programme team to facilitate the implementation of PUI activities. Participate actively in the deployment of PUI activities in hard to reach areas. Ensure a good collaboration with the logistics coordination and request for support to tackle any operational challenges that may rise.
What you will need to succeed:
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Logistics (purchase, transport or in related fields). A Bioforce training would be appreciated.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of Logistics experience in Humanitarian Sector, you master general management. A previous experience as Logistician would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You have good knowledge of procurement and supply chain (purchase, transport, storage) or in support logistics (facility management), you demonstrate organizational, management and report drafting skills. If you are a good negotiator, with capacity building skills, it would be valued.
- Qualities: You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good negotiator and communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership, sense of analysis, good organization, capacity to adapt and to delegate. You have a good resistance to stress, particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position.
A word from the manager:
« Come join a super dynamic mission, on a base with an important volume of activities, that keeps growing ! »
PUI will offer you:
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 – 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.