- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About the job
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Reporting to : Deputy Program Manager- West Nile
Purpose of the position
The Logistics Coordinator West Nile (based in Arua) is focal point for logistics related functions in the ZOA Uganda West Nile region, carrying out procurement, and supporting ZOA West Nile programme offices in all logistics functions.
Logistics functions include procurement (according to the ZOA Procurement Guidelines), storage and warehousing of goods, transport and fleet management (vehicles and motorbikes), driver support, shipment and receipt of goods, IT support, asset management, supporting health & safety and security at ZOA offices and bases.
The Logistics Coordinator is tasked to train and support staff in ZOA West Nile programme locations and projects on logistics and procurement responsibilities. Regular field travel to the West Nile project locations and other ZOA locations is required.
Place in organisation
The Logistics Coordinator West Nile is employed full time by ZOA Uganda and is line managed by/reports to the Deputy Programme Manager West Nile.
The Logistics Coordinator West Nile supervises the Logistics Assistant, guards, office attendants and drivers.
The Logistics Coordinator West Nile has a coordination and communication line to the Logistics Coordinator Kampala, including mutual support and advice, coordination on larger procurements, supplier database and travel coordination between Kampala and West Nile.
- Keep track of overall procurement planning in coordination with administrative and programme staff in line with approved workplans and budgets. (Project teams are responsible to provide project-specific procurement plans)
- Responsible for the execution and coordination of procurement of goods and services through West Nile offices ensuring completeness of documentation and correct approvals obtained.
- Clear understanding and adherence at all times to ZOA Procurement Guidelines
- Supporting procurement quality in ZOA programme locations including carrying out quality checks on processes and procedures (remotely and in person) and delivering training on ZOA procurement procedures to other ZOA staff (online and in person), in coordination with Deputy Programme Manager.
- Keep accurate and transparent records of all logistic or procurement transactions using ZOA Manager.
- Undertake regular market surveys
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers to ensure fair pricing for supplies.
- In coordination with the Logistics Coordinator Kampala, update and regularly maintain a database of local suppliers that meet the pre-qualification standards, including track records of past performance.
- Ensure that goods received are of the quality and quantity specified in the Purchase Order/contract and sign off goods received notes to validate this.
Logistics and Fleet Management
- Responsible for the coordination of field transport (air and road) ensuring that travel requests are received in a timely manner to allow for good planning. Maintain good contact with Logistics Coordinator Kampala on Kampala-West Nile travel planning
- Ensuring vehicle maintenance is carried out according to schedule/required maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure drivers do weekly vehicle inspections report using checklist provided to them. The weekly checklist is attached to maintenance request form for submission to approver.
- Ensure monthly reporting on mileage, fuel consumption as well as repair and maintenance costs. Any significant variables should be flagged and reported to the Deputy Programme Manager West Nile.
- Ensure that all vehicles and motorcycles are safe and road-worthy and have proper on-board documentation including 3rd party insurance renewal for motorbikes.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s) for Arua, Yumbe & Rhino Camp.
- Ensure drivers and riders are trained and where possible receive refresher defensive driving training.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies etc.
- Ensures that security incidents reports, accidents reports are completed and filled including all vehicle and motorcycle incidents.
- Responsible for overseeing of vehicle rentals including tracking of leases and payments.
- Maintaining oversight of all ZOA Uganda West Nile internet subscriptions and ISPs, including tracking usage and setting limits as needed (in discussion with the DoO)
- Focal point for ZOA Uganda West Nile for IT support (in coordination with ZOA Kampala)
- Ensuring IT assets are maintained and kept in good working condition at all times
- Carrying out IT training (at least at introductory level) for ZOA West Nile staff, including set up on One Drive, use of ZOA Manager, access to ZOA Quality Library and use of Office 365.
- Other IT support activities as requested by Deputy Programme Manager West Nile or Kampala team, and possibly in liaison with consultants and other external providers.
Stores and Asset Management
- Oversee the store management by ensuring that they are organized and all inflows and outflows from ZOA stores properly recorded, and commodities accounted for at all times including all assets and IT equipment.
- Ensure daily update of stock records and submit monthly reports on stock usage.
- Responsible for the functioning and safeguarding of all communication equipment.
- Responsible for the safeguarding of all ZOA assets; receiving, tagging, issuing, tracking, maintenance and updating assets register and submit quarterly assets list to DoO, including asset owner, condition of assets, chargeable project and any repairs or maintenance needs ensuring all assets are tagged accordingly
- Proactively coordinate with the Logistics Coordinator Kampala to ensure that assets for disposal are identified and flagged for disposal.
- Ensure all the items bought that fall under asset category according to ZOA Policies are properly registered on the asset register with all the required information.
- Liaise with all staff on assets management, movement and monitor if the register is properly maintained and matches with the register.
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual and annual performance reviews.
- Provide performance feedback in line with ZOA HR practices and ensure timely submission of performance evaluations and appraisals.
- Support the team by building capacity where required.
- Manage drivers’ leave schedules ensuring smooth operation of the fleet.
Office Health & Safety and Security
- Coordinate maintenance of West-Nile offices, guesthouse, and other assets, ensuring safety equipment is in place and well maintained
- Responsible that office accommodations are according to health & safety and security standards, in coordination with Deputy Programme Manager.
- Committed to fraud detection, risk mitigation and fraud reporting, ensure compliance with ZOA policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws
- Ensure existing practices, policies and procedures are in compliance with ZOA standards ensuring regular training of staff to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that vendor due diligence actions are carried out (and documented) as per required procedures including vendor registration, vendor performance management, market surveys conducted regularly. Conduct physical verification as required.
- Work with Deputy Programme Manager West Nile to conduct spot checks of the procurement process, asset and stores management to ensure that risks associated are highlighted and plans developed to tackle those. Conducts spot check and control evidence verifications as required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator or Procurement in an international humanitarian or NGO context.
- Proven skills in logistics and procurement.
- Sound understanding of procurement best practices with ability to proactively manage risks associated with procurements.
- Know-how of vehicle and office maintenance.
- Familiarity with IT and communication equipment.
- Good command of English as well as excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Valid Uganda driving licence and ability to drive a motorcycle.
- Desirable: experience in training and support to colleagues & local partners on logistics related functions.
- Outstanding communication, writing and facilitation skills.
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic.
- Participative leadership
- Provides regular feedback, acknowledges success and the need for improvement.
- Coaches, challenges and provides opportunities for growth.
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision.
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word.
- Ability to work in an innovative environment where plans are developed fast and being open for change.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and innovative environment.
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity
Salary and other terms of employment
The Logistics Coordinator will be based in Arua. Regular field travel to the projects and other locations is required. The post holder may be required to drive ZOA vehicles at times.
The role is 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/ week). Working hours are outlined in the ZOA Uganda Conditions of Service. Some flexibility on working hours may be required, e.g., for travel at weekends.
The role is offered in scale 4 in the ZOA Uganda Salary Scale 2023.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and letter of application in writing to the Human Resource Department ZOA Uganda and sent through the job link: https://cvselection.net/zoa-uganda/7840/
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd May 2023 at 5:00 PM
Persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Because ZOA highly values Integrity, we expect all colleagues to sign up for and adhere to our Code of Conduct. As part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out rigorous background and reference checks for all candidates, which will include checking government sanction lists and possibly criminal records. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire, the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme. The provision of references by ZOA will be subject to the scheme as well.